SASS Wire Forum

9 yr old "Lily Bleu" shoots Clean match at RockCastle

Slick McClade

Just wanted to share with all my cowboy pards about my daughter Lily Bleu, who just turned 9 this past march. My family and I went to The first annual match "James Gang Rides Again" with the Rockcastle Rangers located in KY. This was Lily's first match to shoot all her guns, 38 cal. pistols, 22 rifle and a stoeger 410 SxS. Lily finished this two day ten stage match CLEAN and won the buckerette championship. I could have not be more proud of anything in my life,what a great accomplishment for such a young shooter.

Slick McClade

http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv242/slickmcclade/100_3078.jpg

Congradulations o Lily Blue. She sure is going to something to deal with in a few years. Has a heart of gold and nerves of steele. Great Job, Slick and Ivory you got a really neat child.

It was fun to shoot with ya'll. loved hearing Lily Bleu going through the stage as she shot it, never sounded like a question just like she was telling you what she was going to.If she stays with it as calm as she is when shooting one day you will probably hear people say "Isn't that Lily Bleu's dad". :)

BT

Lily Bleu was dead on at this match.

But I also want to add alittle more info to what Slick has already stated.

She not only was CLEAN, but she knocked down ALL her SG targets if I remember correctly.

She just didn't shoot 'at' those SG targets.....she knocked em down cold.

It was great to be on the posse with Lily Bleu and her dad.....I think they call him Slick. :D

..........Widder

Slick, I know your proud and have a great reason to be. I only got to see her shoot a little, but saw enough to see she handles herself like a true pro. Also, if you will send me your email address, there was a lady there this weekend that took a couple of pictures of Miss Lilly, and I will send them to you.

Thanks pards, she loves reading all the comments you have sent. Oliver great to hear from you.Widder it was great shooting with you and Black Tom. Buck it was great to see you and have the opp. to visit(email is sent via PM). Allie always great to hear from you and see you smiling picture on those post. This was one great match but on by a great family and club.

Lily Bleu's Dad & Lily

;)

Thanks,I had a really good time shooting on posse 8. They every one was really nice to me and I had a good time shooting with my dad Slick. Thank you for all the nice things every one said to me. :)

Thanks,

Lily Bleu

AWESOME!! I love hearing about stuff like this. Tell that youngster "Congratulations" from Jed I. Shootin' clean is quite an accomplishment, even at a normal monthly match. Shootin' clean at a big two-day match, with all that pressure... well, that plain shows a cool head under pressure. That's down right impressive.

Congrats to Lily Bleu.

This young gal has already shot more clean matches than I have in 7 years.

That says a lot for this young shooter. And the people behind her.

Well Slick...

looks like it won't be long before you become a member of the "Proud Losers" club that Colt Faro and I are in.

.....when your own kid out shoots you somehow you just don't mind much. :->

Congratulations to Miss Lily Bleu! Watch out dad.. she may be outshooting you one day :)

Blue Hare

Miss Lily, you done good!!

Hey Slick!! She's already better lookin' than you! She obviously got her looks from her mom! :lol:

Now when she starts outshootin' you even them new chinks won't even get you noticed. :rolleyes:

Sure was good to see you all again. Maybe we can get on the same possee sometime!

See ya' soon!!

Slick I know you know what I think about that but I'll say it anyway THAT's AWESOME!!!! Friend I have to tell you that you are a true credit to our sport with all you do. Its a true privilege to call you my friend! I understand whole heartedly how proud you feel of Lily and you have every right to be. Raising our kids in SASS is a unique opportunity and we are fortunate to do so. It's something that our kids as well as us will remember for the rest of our lives.

Colt

Lily it was a pleasure shooting with you, and you did a fabulous job. Maybe one day down the road when I shoot with you all again you can show me how to do that.

Folks one other thing you all should know, including Lily there were a total of 7 clean shooters. As Widow said she made sure that the knockdowns went down no golden bb for Lily.

Lily Bleu’s Dad it was great to shoot with you as well. Glad you all had a good time.

OUTSTANDING....and what a smile on her face!!!!

Congratulaitons to that little trooper indeed.

If you would like a certificate honoring her achievemnent from the Stealth Bullet Shooting Society via email, shoot me an email at: coloneldan@bellsouth.net

We'd be most honored to fix her right up! :D

Lily, Thank You for coming and shooting with us and we hope to see you again. You did a great job. CONGRATS. Shaddai

Slick, Congrats on a job well done with Lily Bleu. The Vaquero's

WOOHOO LILY BLEU! :D WOOHOO LILY BLEU! :D WOOHOO LILY BLEU! :D Congrats young lady. Slick, Ivory, y'all have every right to be proud of Lily and I'm sure Hammerrock(sp?) will be right behind her giving her a run for her money soon!

Lilly and Slick shot through our posse at Bayou Blast. Obvious then that she was gonna be a good'un.

We have been on vacation in the Smokeys since we left the shoot, and she has been holding that buckle in her lap everytime we get in the car. She is fired up and ready to go shoot somewhere again!!!!!!!!! We will see most of you at EOT, we are on posse `14 so please look us up and say Hi !!!!

Slick & Lily

I have had the pleasure of watching this little lady progress from her first match up until now. It has been great watching her face each time she shoots a stage. She will truly be a shooter that a lot of people will be watching before long.....and you couldnt ask for a more friendly or polite little lady

Slick, Ivory and yourself are doing a really great job of not only raising a great shooter, but also a very wonderful little lady

Archived