SASS Wire Forum

Hats required?

pfouts

I think during RO II I heard the only category that required hats was Classic Cowboy and B-Western. Where can I find that in the book? My real question is if I shoot traditional, wrangler, or cowboy do I have to wear a hat?

You clearly do not have to wear a hat except in those two categories. Some attire zealots will soon chime and try to tell you you should wear a hat to make them all warm and fuzzy. Just ignore them. Anyone questions your attire just tell them you will do what the handbooks say if they can find it in writing in the rules. There is a very long recent thread on this subject. One zealot even thought those in wheel chairs should cover them to look more period correct and not upset her period correct day-I guess.

Howdy Pard,

You will not find confirmation about something not being required. You will only find what is required for those two categories and outlawed items.

My first year or so, I did not wear a hat. Luckily, I did not shoot an '73 or '66 or I may have suffered burns from shells sneaking down my blouse. ;):rolleyes: I did discover the error of my ways when I got a really bad sunburn on the part in my hair.

Do what you find comfortable.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Nope. Hats not required although I don't know why you wouldn't want to wear one. That's yer choice.

How'd you git that whopper of a SASS number?? Time machine? :lol:

Some attire zealots

Of course, some Rule Rationalizers will also point out that there is nothing in the rules requiring the wearing of pants/trousers so why bother with them? Why give the costume zealots "warm fuzzies" by going beyond the bare minimum? ;)

Why the heck do some people HAVE to throw insults at people, and even go out of their way to find an excuse to do it? The post that quote came from could have stopped after the first line, "You clearly do not have to wear a hat except in those two categories", but the poster had to climb onto his intolerant soapbox.

And awaaaaaay we go! :lol:

:)

Of course, some Rule Rationalizers will also point out that there is nothing in the rules requiring the wearing of pants/trousers so why bother with them? Why give the costume zealots "warm fuzzies" by going beyond the bare minimum? ;)

Why the heck do some people HAVE to throw insults at people, and even go out of their way to find an excuse to do it? The post that quote came from could have stopped after the first line, "You clearly do not have to wear a hat except in those two categories", but the poster had to climb onto his intolerant soapbox.

You clearly do not have to wear a hat except in those two categories. Some attire zealots will soon chime and try to tell you you should wear a hat to make them all warm and fuzzy. Just ignore them. Anyone questions your attire just tell them you will do what the handbooks say if they can find it in writing in the rules. There is a very long recent thread on this subject. One zealot even thought those in wheel chairs should cover them to look more period correct and not upset her period correct day-I guess.

Well someone has to stand up for the rules as they are written not how some folks would like them to be written. Apparently the zealot shoe fits in certain locations.

Big +1

Will. Atleast he is a shooting paid member of SASS.

Not a guest with over 1500 posts that still has not joined or shot a match

that anyone can tell.

So guess he is just if not more intitled to his soapbox than some.

Well someone has to stand up for the rules as they are written not how some folks would like them to be written. Apparently the zealot shoe fits in certain locations.

Shoes are not required in most categories. :o

Will. Atleast he is a shooting paid member of SASS.

Not a guest with over 1500 posts that still has not joined or shot a match

that anyone can tell.

So guess he is just if not more intitled to his soapbox than some.

+1

Guest diablo slim shootist

If you don't wear a hat in Texas your brain will be fried

by the end of the match-Don't ask me how I know :wacko:

Yup. And over it and over it and over..... :rolleyes:

I just can't tolerate intolerance! :angry:

Yup. And over it and over it and over..... :rolleyes:

I have never understood why they won't let us have a pinned thread or forum for FAQ :wacko:

Then again if we didn't have the same questions come up each month we might run out of things to talk about :o:lol:

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

I have never understood why they won't let us have a pinned thread or forum for FAQ :wacko:

Then again if we didn't have the same questions come up each month we might run out of things to talk about :o:lol:

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

Or forget things we're supposed to know!:D

Where is that required by the rules?

Or do you just want that "warm fuzzy" feeling? :lol:

No, just thought shooter without pants, shirt and footwear might be a lot warmer and fuzzy with red underwear than naked! :rolleyes: Attire zealots might not believe red longjohns were period correct tho! <_< But I have seen them in a B Western movie tho.

No, just thought shooter without pants, shirt and footwear might be a lot warmer and fuzzy with red underwear than naked! :rolleyes: Attire zealots might not believe red longjohns were period correct tho! <_< But I have seen them in a B Western movie tho.

Bet a lot of them would look pretty darned "fuzzy" starkers. :blink:

(of course, that might be a good thing - cuts down on the glare from the blindingly white bodies)

We have a local shooter who occasionally wears nothing but a pair of purple long johns. :o

It ain't a pretty sight, as he is a rather large and rotund man. :blink::lol:

If you shoot a 66 or 73 you might be better off wearing a hat not matter what the rules say.....I have seen brass drop in many places....behind the safety glasses, bouncing off yer forehead, in your pocket down yer shirt and my favorite the women with those open non collared shirts! :unsure: That one is usually followed with a "Hot brass" dance for the posses enjoyment.

Well enough of this silliness!!

The man asked a serious question.

Yes you must wear a hat!!

If you don't, the Blue Bird of Happiness will grap on your head!!

BH :blink:

My hat keeps sun and rain off my head and keeps me from being bombed by hot brass. I can also see much better when the brim keeps my shooting glasses shaded-I get a glare when they are in direct sunlight. If someone doesn't want to wear a hat because they aren't "required," that's their business.

Archived