SASS Wire Forum

Take just a moment,

Lots of us are off from work today, and with the usual media and advertising blitz telling us we need to go out to sales, have cookouts,ect. ect., be sure to take a moment to reflect and remember what this day is really all about..

Those who served so bravely and are no longer with us.. :FlagAm:

Although they didn't die in combat, three soldiers in particular are in my thoughts today..

My Dad, who served in WWII on a B-17, survived being shot down and taken prisoner, but finally made it home in one piece, a great Dad and the finest man I have ever known, who passed just short of his 93rd birthday..

Also my friends Greg, Vietnam Vet, 101st Airbourne..The closest thing to a real-life Rambo I'll probably ever know, and a great hunting and fishing Pard..And Donnie, Vietnam Vet, not sure what outfit he was with, My old guitar -pickin' buddy..Taught me some good songs..Both guys who came home with demons brought back from over there, also both fine men, and both passing way too young in the late 70's...

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Lots of us are off from work today, and with the usual media and advertising blitz telling us we need to go out to sales, have cookouts,ect. ect., be sure to take a moment to reflect and remember what this day is really all about..

Those who served so bravely and are no longer with us.. :FlagAm:

Although they didn't die in combat, three soldiers in particular are in my thoughts today..

My Dad, who served in WWII on a B-17, survived being shot down and taken prisoner, but finally made it home in one piece, a great Dad and the finest man I have ever known, who passed just short of his 93rd birthday..

Also my friends Greg, Vietnam Vet, 101st Airbourne..The closest thing to a real-life Rambo I'll probably ever know, and a great hunting and fishing Pard..And Donnie, Vietnam Vet, not sure what outfit he was with, My old guitar -pickin' buddy..Taught me some good songs..Both guys who came home with demons brought back from over there, also both fine men, and both passing way too young in the late 70's...

Rick..Keith...Larry and Jason....all Nam Vets . They didn't make it home. I did.

To Bennie (Bernard) Sclosser and Jerry (Gerald) Schmitt, I miss you. I'll will never forget you my friends, Countrymen and Americans. :FlagAm:

Thank You

Jeff Mann aka Cypress Sun

Rick..Keith...Larry and Jason....all Nam Vets . They didn't make it home. I did. And I still miss you guys.

I will be honoring my father (Conrad Asmus) US Army WWII, Uncle John Harris US Army Air Corps (tail gunner B-17) and UNCLE PETER HARRIS - BOSINS MATE USS ARIZONA

I spent part of the day with my brothers and sisters at the American Legion - God bless those who are not with us

BH

Archived