SASS Wire Forum

Pietta Spiller and Burr reproductions.

I am thinking about picking up a pair of Pietta Spiller and Burr reproductions.

Just wondering if anyone is shooting a pair of these as main match revolvers, and if there is anything in particular, aside from the normal cap n ball fidgeting, that I need to be aware of.

Thanks pards,

Boondock

Just wondering if anyone is shooting a pair of these as main match revolvers, and if there is anything in particular, aside from the normal cap n ball fidgeting, that I need to be aware of.

Thanks pards,

Boondock

Doesn't Deja Vu have a set...?

You can usually find her over on the Saloon side. :rolleyes:

Thanks pards,

Boondock

I have a pair. A couple of issues to consider. First, the grip frame is very tight between the back of the trigger guard and the front of the backstrap. Hurts my hand just holding it and I have small hands. Good thing the recoil is light. Second, and a big issue, is that the hammer nose is at a completely wrong angle. It only hits the top portion of the nipple and when at rest it is sitting on the nipple and actually sticks out from the frame. I thought they might have accidently installed Remington hammers so I ordered two more S&B hammers from VTI. Same hammers. Had to mill quite a bit of material off the hammer noses to get them to the correct angle and so they would sit on the frame (sort of like a Ruger Old Army or Remington) with a couple of thousands of clearance between the hammer nose and nipples. I think I still have at least one stock hammer and the guns with the modified hammers are someplace around my shop. If you are interested, I can try to find them and post a picture or two.

I have a pair. A couple of issues to consider. First, the grip frame is very tight between the back of the trigger guard and the front of the backstrap. Hurts my hand just holding it and I have small hands. Good thing the recoil is light. Second, and a big issue, is that the hammer nose is at a completely wrong angle. It only hits the top portion of the nipple and when at rest it is sitting on the nipple and actually sticks out from the frame. I thought they might have accidently installed Remington hammers so I ordered two more S&B hammers from VTI. Same hammers. Had to mill quite a bit of material off the hammer noses to get them to the correct angle and so they would sit on the frame (sort of like a Ruger Old Army or Remington) with a couple of thousands of clearance between the hammer nose and nipples. I think I still have at least one stock hammer and the guns with the modified hammers are someplace around my shop. If you are interested, I can try to find them and post a picture or two.

Thanks for the info. Sent you a PM.

Archived