SASS Wire Forum

The 300

No not the movie. ;)

I'm pleased to announce that with the enlistment of former Chief Warrant Officer Quigley Down Yonder, we now have Three Hunnert vets on the site.

And I know it's just a drop in the bucket as far as the vets in SASS goes. :D:FlagAm:

No not the movie. ;)

I'm pleased to announce that with the enlistment of former Chief Warrant Officer Quigley Down Yonder, we now have Three Hunnert vets on the site.

And I know it's just a drop in the bucket as far as the vets in SASS goes. :D:FlagAm:

Sparta!!!, TN

Our sincere thanks to all the vets!

Bob, I couldn't find him. You might check to see if you had a "wardrobe malfunction". :P

Seems we have twoPathfinders in 298 and 299.

Crap! I hope Quigley didn't see that before i fixed it. I don't need a CWO4 pissed at me!! :blink:

No not the movie. ;)

:FlagAm: Good on you Bob...and the Old 300 vets! in a few years..y'all 300 will be in the history books!! :FlagAm:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Three_Hundred

:FlagAm: Good on you Bob...and the Old 300 vets! in a few years..y'all 300 will be in the history books!! :FlagAm:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Three_Hundred

Mostly I suspect we'll just be quietly pushin up daisies. ;)

Check out the recruiting poster Ziggady Zag made. Genius! :D

That's a great way to recruit, but only if the word gets out. Everyone should (with your permission and Ziggity's) have a few dozen copies made up at the local copy shop and post them at every available SASS / CAS event. Vendors should have copies posted at the entrance to their tents or other structures, gun shops should be given copies and encouraged to post them prominently, and every gun card should have a copy stuck on it someplace.

I may even have a reduced size made to put in my truck window.

It will not only get more of our vets to come forward, but can possibly generate some advertising for the sport in general.

Wuttcha think?

Maybe I'll do an article for the CC.

That's a great way to recruit, but only if the word gets out. Everyone should (with your permission and Ziggity's) have a few dozen copies made up at the local copy shop and post them at every available SASS / CAS event. Vendors should have copies posted at the entrance to their tents or other structures, gun shops should be given copies and encouraged to post them prominently, and every gun card should have a copy stuck on it someplace.

I may even have a reduced size made to put in my truck window.

It will not only get more of our vets to come forward, but can possibly generate some advertising for the sport in general.

Wuttcha think?

Good idea. It's fine with me. I've used a similar version locally at gun shops to promote the sport and our club. .. I WANT YOU for Cowboy Action Shooting... It's the American Way!

Any way to get the Vets to enlist here should be tried.

I was concerned about copyright laws but I think it's safe to use the image.

(There have been many, many images of "Uncle Sam" created throughout the years. The most famous is the "I Want You" poster published in 1916 by James Flagg. Because the copyright to all works of authorship created during or before 1921 are now in the public domain, anyone can reproduce, distribute, or display that particular poster or create other works that are based on the poster.)

I thought this might be about the 300 Savage.

Oh well.

Hey,

I'm a veteran tax payer! Yeah I know, that don't count.

I nearly went in after high school, but had a feeling the Clintons would disgrace the White House and decided not to serve under such a President.

UT, love the poster.

I just added number 301. Thanks for starting this site. :FlagAm:

Yer up, Ma'am!

Archived