SASS Wire Forum

Shaddai Vaquero & the Vaq Paq (Pack)

Widder, SASS #59054

I'll just refer to all of Shaddai's immediate family and extended family as the Vaq Paq ifn nobody minds.

Many folks worked hard for this Annual match including support from owners and workers of the RockCastle facility in Glascow Ky.

From my saddle, this match was a huge success for the shooters. This venue and the surrounding facilities is gona make this annual shoot VERY reputable indeed.

Get this: Judge Roy Bean was there for the whole match. Yep, SASS #1.

I even got to run him around alittle in my truck and he was lookin good and hankin out with everyone to talk to him.

He sat next to my wife during one of our suppers and you would have thought they were best friends for many years. They talked for an hour during the meal.

Congrats to Black Tom and Dew R Dye for Overall Champs.

Congrats to Lily Bleu, Slick McCade's young daughter (9ish I think) for shooting CLEAN. And she was steady as a rock the whole match. I was tickled to be on a posse with her and Slick.

Congrats to Vaquero Jake for winning Young Gun.

Campo Kid finished only about 5 seconds behind. Whew, when 10 stages is only separated by only 5 seconds, that is exciting.

BUT, congrats to Campo Kid for whoopin up on me in side match speed SG 97. I love the competition and it was a blast shootin with Campo.

Gosh, I met soooooo many Wire Pards that it is hard to remember everyone. McKenzie River Drifter and Slick McCade were there and it was great to visit with them.

Can't ever forget Cree Vicar Dave. What a great feller.

Before I left the RockCastle Lodge, I made my reservations for 2012. You would be wise to consider doing the same.

One more thought from the heart:

THANKS SHADDAI and your family for what you bring to SASS/CAS and allowing us to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

God bless you all!

..........Widder

Man, That cuts deep....I wanted so much to be there. I will definitely have it on the calendar for 2012...Missed seein you and gettin to meet Keystone. Glad you had a good time. I hope to see Shaddai Vaq at GOA. What a class act.

KK

What Widder said. Lil and I got to shoot with a great possee, Fire and Fallback did a fantastic job, and shoots the cap and ball better than most smokeless shooters. It was a treat to see him, Cleve and Cree make smoke.

Congrats to all the winners. In fact everyone was a winner because it was a great shoot.

6 and Lil

+1 to Widders comments, it truly was a great time with all. I really enjoyed making so many new friends and visiting with old ones. Widder,thanks for all the company, taxi rides and letting me try out that nice running marlin!!!! This will need to be a must attend match in the future for all who had to miss it this year.

Slick & Lily

P.S.

Thanks to J.P. Tanner for the awesome new chinks!!!! WOW what a great leather crafter

:)+ 2/3 previous comments. Please let me add my Congrats to Shaddi & Family for carving out a shootin range from the KY woods. They put on a first class shoot in such a short period of time. Whiskey Lynn & I will be back as long as they will have us. C-U, C.W. :FlagAm:

I had a great weekend shooting with some of my old and new friends, and I had enough fun for ten people. Or at least that is what I've been told.

I can promise you all that this match will only be getting bigger and better.

Oh by the way here are the scores.

http://rockcastlerangers.com/TheScores.aspx

Gotta' add my congrats to Shaddai and the gang for putting on one HECK OF A MATCH!! Fast stages with no P traps and lots of room for creativity! Thanks for the opportunity to chauffer the Judge #1 Judge Roy Bean around and talk about all the good stuff we see in S.A.S.S. What a great pard! Again, to the Vaqueros You all did a great job!! WAY TO GO!!

Lilly Bleu, lil' gal, YOU ROCK!!

Major kudos for the Noble family and their staff at the Park Mammoth facility. If there was anything missing I didn't see it, and their obvious commitment to shooting sports in general and S.A.S.S. in particular is over the top.

For Korupt Karl and Judge 'em All Duncan, FCG was there for the takin' since y'all wasn't there, SO I TOOK IT!! :lol: :lol: (And the buckles are beautiful ;))

As for me and the band, we know we can always count on the cowboys to make it a great night. You bet your (fill in the blank) we'll be back next year.

POSSE # 1 ROCKS!!

Friends, Thank You for coming and having fun with us. I want to say Thank You to Everyone for the Card. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You Shaddai

By the way, I've already started on next years Match. My gun Supplier said we will have either a Marlin or 73 up for this one. This years Rifle was a very nice engraved rifle. Congrats Slick.

Campo, we will have a Man on Man next year.

Again Thank You, The Vaquero's

Rockcastle is going to be a 1st class Range one day soon, already a neat place to shoot.

Shaddai put on a great match and we were fed very well.

All the Massey clan brought home a Buckle, but, Hurricane Got one of them Shiney ones and he's been totin it around showing every one he see's.

Thanks To Shaddai and his "Vaq Paq" for a great time and we will be back next year.

Yeehaa,

This is an event to put on your calender for next Memorial Day weekend. The Rockcastle Rangers & the Vaquero Family really put together a fine match. The range is most unique with two separated firing lines of five stages each. One line has a covered board walk strectching it's entire length. The other is more open. Much hard work has been put into building this venue. The property, Rockcastle Shooting Center, is privately owned by Nick & Nate Noble who are both dedicated to having a first rate shooting and training facility. The resort hotel is just minutes from the range and that's without leaving the property. There are many events happening at this facility and you need to take a peek at their website for updates.

Muchas Gracias, Keystone

Wow sounds like we really missed out! I sure wish we could've made it. Rattlesnakes school didn't let out till this week and he missed too much already. We will sure put it as a must do for next year!

Congrats to all the winners!

Shaddai is first class all the way for sure! I personally appreciate all you do for our sport and we look forward to shootin with y'all again soon!

Colt Faro and Rattlesnake

PS: did I catch that Slick won a Slick rifle????

The boys from Knob Creek had a great time. YEE-HAW! This was one of the best shoots I have ever been to. Thanks for all the hard work from you, Perfecto, Jake, and all the Rock Castle Cadre. It is a great venue, and a great match. Thanks again, Knob Creek Drover. See ya next year!!!

I would like to take this moment to express my gratitude and appreciation to all the families who have supported, loved, and finally greaved for the loved ones they lost while defending this great country of ours.

:FlagAm: Knob Creek Drover :FlagAm:

P.S. - Can anyone tell me how to change my alias on the wire. Thanks

Awesome match and awesome people. Got to shoot with some pards we didnt know real well and as always everyone was awesome.

Papa Dave,What can I say... Fast shooter and a great man too..

It was a little tough ride home because Skeeterbite won a shinny first place buckle herself.

Food was excellent for ALL meals, weather was perfect!, and Milkbone was a blast.

Skeeter wants to come back next year for sure!!

First time I really got to talk to Shaddai much and if you dont know him, he is a top notch cowboy to say the least!

What can I say that hasn't already been said, nothing! So I will just say it again. GREAT match, venue, food, weather, entertainment and GREAT people. This match is already marked on my schedule for next year.

Joe, Perfecto said she would keep the request in place for Good Weather.

All of Our Friends, Thank You for coming and hope to see everyone next year and invite your friends that couldn't make it this Year. The Vaquero's

For only having a handful of matches since the club inception a few months ago, this range is looking great. I know how much work Shaddai and his family have put into making this a successful match. The Vaquero family succeeded. GREAT MATCH. Shaddai, Perfecto, and Jake, thanks again for all that you have done to make a great venue for another great match.

Drifter

Thanks so much to everyone who helped put on this AWESOME match, especially the Vaq Paq you guys did great.

Congrats to Vaquero Jake for showing me how it's done, fantastic shooting!

Shaddai, the man on man sounds fun, and I can't wait 'till next year!!

Kid

Campo, you're in charge of setting up the man on man. I'll just check to make sure its duelist friendly, not that I would even try and compete against you and jake. Shaddai

Thank you again, And I want to thank my VAQ PAQ FOR WORKING SO HARD FOR me. Just so people Know BLACK TOM, SHORT FUSE RUBY, AND CUMBERLAND DRIFTER all came down and put time in on the Range along with us. Thank You, You guys/girl are Treasured friends.

A Special THANK YOU goes out to Rowdy Bates.

Great week-end. :FlagAm: Thanks to the Vaquero family for all the hard work, the Judge for spending some wonderful time with us, Blackwater for the jam-up concert and all who shot as we were all winners. Hope to see the new pards we met again soon.

McKenzie

McKenzie, we are already working on the Drifter Drink Cart. This cart will run around the gravel circle and have cool drinks for everyone all the time. Hows that for quick changes. Thanks for the idea. Shaddai

Campo, you're in charge of setting up the man on man. I'll just check to make sure its duelist friendly, not that I would even try and compete against you and jake. Shaddai

You got a deal! :D

Wow! A great match! If anyone didn't have a great time, it was their own fault! Thanks Vaq paq for such a great time! I.M.

Archived