SASS Wire Forum

I gotta stay away from the classifieds

Big Jake1001

Looks like I gotta stay away from from the classifieds for a while. I went there last night and spotted a deal on a holster

that will fill a need. $38 shipped, no big deal. Then I found a Colt lightning in 38 WCF that might be available if the first guy backs out of the deal. Getting serious here $650 shipped.

Then wandering around I come across this almost new Kimber Custom TLE II with 3 (count them 3) Chip McCormick 8 round mags.

I never owned a .45 acp auto before, thought about it, just never took the plunge. Did some quick research and jumped on it. $750.

Now I gotta figure out how to shoot and keep all my brass. I own .22's and don't worry about brass. Everything else I own doesn't throw brass out like a .45 auto. Like Matthew Quigly said "Never said I didn't know how to shoot one, just never had much use for one". Well now that I'm retired, guess all that has changed. Just sayin'

Big Jake

Don't have a .45 either, but have two other bottom feeders, a Taurus in 9mm and an H&K in .40 S&W. If it's just you out at the range put out a nice big tarp in the 'ejection zone.'

Know what ya mean. I started looking on it to find deals for guns to save money...... But dang it about every other week some new stray comes wandering to my door... My wife...bless her... Just rolls her eyes and points to the newly named gun room. It use to be called the spare bedroom. Which reminds me I need another safe...dang it! Good new a new addition to the gun family will be coming home tusday.

Respectfully

evil

I really shouldn't visit the classifieds either, no money to spend. The other day I opened a post that had among other things, some 44-40 dies and case gauge, I was real close to buying...and I don't even own a 44-40! Couple of neat knives and rifles over there have come real close to getting me in trouble as well.

I really shouldn't visit the classifieds either, no money to spend. The other day I opened a post that had among other things, some 44-40 dies and case gauge, I was real close to buying...and I don't even own a 44-40! Couple of neat knives and rifles over there have come real close to getting me in trouble as well.

Freudian slip. If you have the dies already...

Grizz

It is a slippery slope ya is standing on , once you start collecting parts amd peices of stuff then it WILL get out of hand . I have lost track of how many projects have started , with a good ? deal on dies, componets, or ????? .

Too make it even worse , projects seem to mulitpluy in the corner , all of a sudden you have to wo** at getting ammo loaded , so you can go play .

It is a sickness , with NO cure , not like I would thak it anyway .

CB

That deal on the Kimber was too good to pass on. I was very close to buying it, but my wife convinced me that I needed a progressive reloading press more than another gun. She is right of course, and I'm getting a Dillon out of the deal, but I know that I will be kicking myself for letting that Kimber go if my club starts shooting Wild Bunch. Oh well- can't buy em all...

Archived