SASS Wire Forum

SASS PA State Shoot

Just got back:

Had a great time.

Thanks to all who worked so hard to put on a great shoot.

Congrats to my buddy Cemetery, #1 Frontiersman.

--Dawg

Ida & I are almost home to NH, want to add YOU GUYS ALL SO ROCK OUR WORLD!

Another great time had by all.

XXOXX Megs did it again!

Great shoot, it's on my agenda fer next year already. Rye

Great shoot! Thanks to all who put in so much work to give the rest of us cowpokes such a fun-filled, action-packed weekend of slingin' lead! Special congrats to James Samuel Pike, overall Top Gun, as well as to the PA State Champs, Mustang Megs and Biloxi Bob!

We got home a little while ago and boy are we exhausted. With temps expected to reach 100 today, I'm thinking that unpacking the camper can wait until much later in the day. Like the line on stage 9 "I'm getting too old for this crap!"

Thanks to our committee for all they did to help out. Thanks to our main club for the helping hand they lent us. And, thanks to you, our shooters. Your smiles said volumes and all those hugs, kisses and pats on the back were like a shot of adrenaline for us. We felt like we were constantly swimming upstream to get this match put together. Winter wouldn't let go and the road down to the range wasn't passable until April. Then we all know that the spring rains were a lot more plentiful than any of us needed. We had some insane rain storms over the weekend, but I guess we can all be happy that we didn't suffer a drop while we were shooting. The visit from the fire company warning us of the tornado sure was exciting! We'd have been like an old college prank - instead of seeing how many people we could jam in an outhouse or VW, we would have been seeing how many we could get in the club house fireplace and chimney!

There's still some lost and found items in our box. I won't be getting back up to the club before the end of June but if you've lost anything please give me the specifics and I'll check to see if we have it.

We gathered for breakfast this morning and began planning for next year!

Hope to see you there,

Black Hills Barb

It was a great shoot and man I felt for all who were up on the hill camping! Thanks to Lost Rider and Hand Cannon for being such great R/O's. Thanks to ALL who put in the blood, sweat, and tears that made the shoot happen. I may not have totally unpacked yet but the Gene Autry Poster is already hung on the wall!

Wyatt Hurts

Update: The Shooter Handbook and a separate Stages doc are available to view and/or download. These stages were absolutely awesome. Most required a good measure of thinking (first shooter on the posse talking) but were logical, no traps, some verrry big and close. Kudos North Mountain! Have wanted to shoot that match clean for years and never quite done it...... until this year. Coveted that Enck's Gun Barn "Clean Match" pin fer years I have! Happy old dog I am! Come on 2012!

Will have some pix & video on the site in a few days, please contact me, some of your media can be posted or linked as well. ;)

Artic

Ida Kno and I had another great time at the Pa State Shoot.

We will be there next year.

We could have done without the Thursday and Friday night "Tornado Drills"

Thanks to all the people who work so hard to put on the shoot.

Well, it was a great weekend,lots of shooting (I love 8 shotgun knock downs on one stage, can't shoot my 97 enough). Great Posse in # 9 lead by Barley Pop, and Critter had me in stitches all weekend. To all you dark siders in the Posse, great shooting with you, you almost turned me. Keep smiling Cemetary. Thanks to the El Posse leaders and crew, you did a great job and a fun time was had by all. You got through all the trials and pulled off a great shoot no matter what Mother Nature threw at you over the last 6 months. The best thing no one else got to see was me rolling the mop and bucket through the field to mop out my tent at 1 am.

Swan

Got a link today from "The Boy". Great 'Hat Cam' video shooting a number of stages (gunfighter style). You can 'see the targets' just like being right there!(did I mention, like a gunfighter?) Embedded right on the scores page it is!

Also a link to Black Hills Barb's picture album on Snapfish, many, many pix. Should I also mention the infamous Wild Bill Blackerby? His album linked too.

Artic

I know that once I go there to have a look, I'm risking being late for work............

Thanks to all for sending your photos, etc to Artic Fox for posting.

My thanks to the El Posse Grande Committee for one fantastic match. Can't begin to imagine the work that goes into preparing for such an undertaking, let alone pulling it off on the day. There were so many nice touches that set this apart from other matches... each shooter getting their own personal score card at the end... the dime novel explaining the story behind each of the stages... etc. And our posse was exceptional. Copper Starr and I have already booked our room for next year. Thanks again for a great match that we'll long remember! Warmest cowboy regards, Morgan James

PS--Don't know how you did it, but with all those MAJOR storms rolling through, you somehow managed to have them all arrive in the night, keeping the shooters dry all day long on each of the three days, and turning the streets into something reminiscent of Deadwood. Do they teach that kind of stuff in RO II?

Finally, got the Artic video version of the PA State match uploaded. Thanks Coon Richardson and T-Bone Pickins wife fer tha video clips. Couldna dunnit without ya!

Yew will see an engineer driving a train, then nextest thang ye know, that dangsame engineer is shootin boolits in the direction of the train, clangin steel ever shot! Multiple clips of Sodbuster Ed, the infernal hilarious Outlaw shooter on the posse. He did miss a few, but there were many we all say, "How he do dat?" :ph34r:

Enjoy,

Artic

Thanks for all the great pics and videos Arctic, makes me wish I could have gotten to attend even more (next year I'm planning for it).

BTW, don't forget the Pennsylvania State Wild Bunch Championship Match, The Steel City Shootout, will be held on October 22nd, hosted by the Logans Ferry Regulators. If anybody's planning on attending, send us a line and let us know, and please send in your applications... we would hate to have to cancel the match due to lack of interest or participation.

http://www.affox.com/lfr/

http://www.affox.com/lfr/paswb2011.htm

http://www.affox.com/lfr/paswb2011/paswb2011reg.pdf

Thanks for the great video, Artic Fox. Ya gotta teach me how to put that background music on the video. It adds a lot.

Cassalong Hopidy

Archived