SASS Wire Forum

gps coordinates

Cash Creek

I like that idea. Ranges typically are in out of the way locations, and written directions are not always the best. Creek, so how much time/miles did you spend looking for your match today? ;)

Bucky

When you post your shoots it would help people from out of town it you would post the gps coordinates, You could put it on the Registration Form.. CC

Agreed.

I've seen a few "announcements" that assumed you knew what state they were in.

Physical address of the range!

GPS a plus!

NO..."when you come into town turn left at the station cross the bridge and turn right at the 3rd mailbox"...

Directions like "turn left at the blinking light, and then go down to where Johnson's General Store burned down in '64 and turn right, and right past where the Texaco station used to be is a dirt road ... "

Davey Crockett navigation can be fun ... if you've got a full tank of gas and a two hour headstart.

I like that idea. Ranges typically are in out of the way locations, and written directions are not always the best. Creek, so how much time/miles did you spend looking for your match today? ;)

Bucky

Lucky that this was my home Ranges the Westside Sportmans Club..but I did have to take a detour, :angry: because of powers lines being down I didn't get lost just a bit confused.. :D GOD BLESS THE USA :FlagAm:

1 - Address or closest address to the range.

2 - Instructions on how to get to the range from the nearest MAJOR intersection.

3 - GPS coordinates (even though they aren't very helpful if the range is out in the middle of nowhere)

4 - On major shoots... PUT UP HIGHLY VISIBLE SIGNS WE CAN FOLLOW TO THE RANGE, and they should be visible in the dark.

5 - Post a phone number THAT WORKS from the range so someone can aim me in the right direction when I am lost on the other side of town!

6 - A link on your website to the GOOGLE EARTH location of your range. (That way I can see the range layout and zoom in and out to my taste.

7 - In place of the above, a Mapquest link that I can look at.

A trick is, when you get to any range the first time there's a coordinates place on most GPS's. save your location and name it!

How am I going to find it the first time..once I do I always save the coordinates..

be nice if all clubs posted their Name and coordinates..and then all of us could have a list??

How am I going to find it the first time..once I do I always save the coordinates..

be nice if all clubs posted their Name and coordinates..and then all of us could have a list??

Get close, park alongside the main road and watch for trucks with guncarts in back and follow!!!! B) B)

Archived