SASS Wire Forum

description of palerider class

I am interested in trying a black powder class. Palerider seems to be one that has big bores and big powder charges. I have not been able to locate it in the rule book. What do I need to compete in this class? thanks for the help in advance.

http://www.korruptkarl.com/matchrules.htm Go to this link at the Ind BP Guild and scroll down to categories. It will list Pale Rider as well as Josie Wales and others

KK

I could not open it because "Webroot" my virus protection says it has been corrupted-no pun intended.

Okb

PS...and I could not send you a PM or email (whatever your send me a message does) cause your inbox is full.

I am interested in trying a black powder class. Palerider seems to be one that has big bores and big powder charges. I have not been able to locate it in the rule book. What do I need to compete in this class? thanks for the help in advance.

Howdy Backshootin, Pale Rider and Josey Wales are categories sometimes offered at large macthes and some local clubs, they are not recognized SASS categories. And the rules may vary from club to club, they are fun to shoot if you get a chance, Good Luck :)

Pale Rider

Pale Rider consists of main match cartridge pistols and lever action rifle of 40 Caliber and above (38-40 on up). For bullet weights of 200 grs or more, a black powder charge of 25 grs by volume (1.6 cc's) is required. For 38-40, a bullet weight of 180 grs is permitted; however, the black powder charge is increased to a minimum of 30 grs by volume (2.0 cc's). 12 gauge shotgun only; minimum charge is 60 grs (4.0 cc's) and 1 1/8 oz of shot.

Josey Wales

Josey Wales participants will shoot 4 SASS main match revolvers and a double barrel or lever action shotgun. No rifle is required for this category. Revolvers may be shot duelist or gunfighter, 10 shots at the pistol targets and 10 shots at the rifle targets. Gunfighter style may only be utilized from revolvers secured in straight hang holsters from opposite sides of the body, or safely staged on props.

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

Archived