SASS Wire Forum

Most pleasant experience

Rufus Brady

Last weekend, I went to reload some 38s on my 550. I'd never done it before (always loaded 45's) in the past. Couldn't find my small primer cup and plunger.

Called customer service, they took my request, told me "no charge" It'll be there in a day or two. Could I use another arm? Told him "no, I've got the old one'. He said if I had two, it would be faster to change calibers. So, I said "OK".

To be honest, I had heard they were good but, like many people, I had been putting off calling (dreading it?). Much, much better than my experience with Hornaday!

Just got back my Square Deal that I acquired second hand and it was missing nearly everything. Dropped it off at Dillon and bought a .45LC die set and after 10 days got the call it was done.

They installed the new die set, calibrated, replaced nearly everything on it but the handle AND included a new set of primer pick up tubes and included a NEW 9mm die set to replace the one that was originally in the unit. Except for the new .45LC dies and a "cleaning/lubrication" charge of 24.00 it was all "No Charge".

These folks talk customer service and follow through beyond expectations.

I bought a Dillon 550 used,Shortly after the powder measure casting broke.I called Dillon to order a new one they said no charge,I said I bought the press used and was not the orginal buyer.They sent me a new powder measure.I'm sold on Dillon and there products and service.

When they say No B.S warranty.It is TRUE!!

GoldRush Rick

It is stories like this that make me want a Dillon. I've been debating between a 650 and the Hornady LNL for awhile now, but I think that I just made my mind up.

Frank, I've broken several things on my 550B. Thing break, just the way it is.......expecially after loading well over 100,000/200,000 rounds (if not more). They have always shipped the part or assembly within 2 or 3 days. Before a big match once, I procrastinated making rounds until 6 days before the match. Broke a key part, called them and explained my dilemma. They overnighted the item and I had it the next day. They never try to sell you anything extra and stand behind their product 100%. Their No BS warrantee and customer service is second to none, I only wish all companies had the same dedication to their consumers.

GO BLUE

Sun

You can't ask for a better company to deal with, wish all were like that, I bought a used 550b several years ago, the powder measure didn't work right, called them about it, gave me a work order #, sent it in, came back with the parts that they replaced, NO CHARGE, guess they warrant all their stuff regardless if used or new, sure like a company like that

All for now JD Trampas

P.S. I know their are companies out there like Dillon, just wish there was more like it, the US would be in better shape IMHO

Gotta love it. Thats why Dillon is the best. About six months ago had a terrible experience with Hornady and I can tell you that I have bought my last product from them. Yes I drink the BLUE koolaid.

My first real press (not counting a Lee hand press) was a Dillon SDB that I bought used. The seller didn't pack it up right, and a bracket was broken in shipping. I looked it up in the schematic, called in with the part number and told them what had happened. When I asked how much, they said free. I said that it wasn't their fault & it shouldn't be covered under warranty. The operator asked me, "is it a Dillon?" I said yeah. Then he asked, "is it broken?" I said yeah. He said, "then there's no charge." I had my new bracket in 3 days, & I haven't bought any non-Dillon products since.

Archived