SASS Wire Forum

value of original 1860 army

Trigger Mike

saw one today, finish patina all around, matching numbers except no number on wedge. I did not see number on cylinder. cylinder free spins with hammer back part way, locks when all the way back seems in line with nipple, cylinder only SOMETIMES rotates when you pull the hammer back. They wanted 850. I asked if there was any room since I know it will take work to get going again, but they said no since they just got it on consignment. I am sure it will sit there a while, what is a good price for it? Is it fixable with new springs etc?

saw one today, finish patina all around, matching numbers except no number on wedge. I did not see number on cylinder. cylinder free spins with hammer back part way, locks when all the way back seems in line with nipple, cylinder only SOMETIMES rotates when you pull the hammer back. They wanted 850. I asked if there was any room since I know it will take work to get going again, but they said no since they just got it on consignment. I am sure it will sit there a while, what is a good price for it? Is it fixable with new springs etc?

It's fixable.

Most folk would tell ya do NOT shoot it.

Uh... that said... if I had it... I'd HAVE to shoot it at least once~!! :rolleyes:

It's fixable.

Most folk would tell ya do NOT shoot it.

Uh... that said... if I had it... I'd HAVE to shoot it at least once~!! :rolleyes:

I thought it would be neat to shoot it once as well, if I got it fixed. How low should I go and be fair?

Don't know. I've seen so many fakes I'd really be afraid to buy one without having an expert appraise it.

Don't know. I've seen so many fakes I'd really be afraid to buy one without having an expert appraise it.

yes..I would be very...VERY careful.

Archived