SASS Wire Forum

Must see.. WW II Vets

Got this in an email and though it was worth passing along...

My dad was in the navy in the Pacific......I thank him for his service........

regards..Wolf

This is a trailer for a film about WWII veterans. It's not long. They are trying to get 500,000 viewers before Memorial Day.

(They don't even ask for a contribution!) You may have to copy the website and then paste it on a search engine in order to open it.

Kindly forward so more can view it. You need to view the whole thing to be counted.

http://media.causes.com/1060527?p_id=175378540

Once you watch the first time --- you have to click on Watch Again.........

Howdy,

I participated in an Honor Flight last Saturday as a Flight Guardian.

The flight is provided free to the Veteran ad Honor Flight is staffed by volunteers who pay their own way.

We rely on donated funds and do not use government money to pay for the Veterans flights and associated costs.

Our flight had 115 Veterans and 65 medcal staff and Flight Guardians - we rented 80 wheelchairs and four busses in DC and we picked up more human assets there.

The veterans went to the WWII memorial, Women's Memorial, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps Memorials as well as Vietnam, Korean and Lincoln Memorial - then for us flying out of Rochester, MN it is back on the plane the same day.

I did the medical and biographical interviews for a number of the Veterans in preperation for the trip - their stories are amazing but they remain so humble.

We find the Veterans do not ask for recognition. Honor Flight maintains they have earned it.

Archived