SASS Wire Forum

OT: Bianchi Target Scoring?

The Dakota Clay

I'm doing some action pistol practice, and hopefully someone here has "cross trained" on modern equipment and can help me out with the scoring of the AP-1 (D-1) and AP-2 (D-2) target scoring?

The AP-1 and AP-2 are "tombstones" with a black dot center mass, with 2 additional rings. The AP-1 is the "standard" while the AP-2 is a downsized version of the AP-1 for shorter range firing.

At any rate, the black dot is considered the x-ring, then the targets are labelled "10, 8, and 5".

So my question is this, is the black dot just an X-ring with the 1st ring being the "10 ring", or is the black dot the "10 ring" with the 1st ring being the "8 ring" and outer ring the "5-ring"?

The way I see it, there are 2 options:

1) The black dot is the x ring, then the 1st ring is the 10 ring, the 2nd ring is the 8 ring, then the entire rest of the target is worth 5.

2) The black dot is the 10ring, then the 1st ring is the 8 ring, the 2nd ring is the 5 ring, then what is the rest of the target worth?

I've never used this type of target before, so I'm not familiar with the scoring. I would GUESS that it's "option 1", but then again, I can't believe that a HIT is worth 5? Alternatively, in Option 2, I can't imagine that a hit on the tombstone is worth ZERO either?

Sorry for the off topic pards, but I know a lot of our guys have played some action pistol games in one life or another, maybe someone can help?

Archived