SASS Wire Forum

california

Glad I don't live in Ca anymore. I don't think I could deal with all those felons walking around free. J-r

California isn't the first state to reduce the prison population due to budget and I doubt they'll be the last,.

I heard a report this morning where a state senator was commenting on the order and reciting a few interesting bits of information... here's a sample:

Current health care provided inmates as mandated by the Feds costs the state about $17,000 per inmate. This is about three times what the Feds pay for those in Federal prisons.

Some 20,000+ "undocumented aliens" are housed in California prisons. The state absorbs the costs for these prisoners, most of whom should fall under Federal jurisdiction.

The average prison guard salary in the U. S. is about $33,000. In California, starting pay is $73,000+... last year more than 2,400 made over $100,000.

Wow! :blink:

I'm wondering how many citizens it takes to fund one prisoner via taxes... :wacko:

Hmmm I think the largest propulation is in DC.. they call them something different though, politicians. lol

They ARE going to send those 20,000 illegals back to where ever they came from, right?

Uh.... not 'til their orthodonture's complete.... :rolleyes:

They ARE going to send those 20,000 illegals back to where ever they came from, right?

Yep, they send them back across the border. Then 3 weeks later they are right back here. Just sayin'

Big Jake

We need to load them on planes and send them to Washington DC and Sacramento so everyone who cares so much about them will have greater access to them and can help them out one on one. Maybe some to other places with large anti-prison constituencies, too, but not back into the general population or where they came from. Send them where there are new fields to plow so they won't prey on the old ones any more.

We need to load them on planes and send them to Washington DC and Sacramento so everyone who cares so much about them will have greater access to them and can help them out one on one. Maybe some to other places with large anti-prison constituencies, too, but not back into the general population or where they came from. Send them where there are new fields to plow so they won't prey on the old ones any more.

I got a better idea, How about we ship them all to your backyard and see how you like it?:angry:

For cryin' out load 4T, it gets a little irritating to be lumped in with folks we have no use for or control over!

I say high speed bus straight to D.C. with drop off points alternating between the White House, Congress and the Supreme Court.

I can't believe what it costs to keep a person in prison!

The folks that cause the problems surely don't live anywhere near

the prisons. Their medical costs, why???? :wacko::blink: I was

under the impression those folks gave up their right when they chose

the criminal way of life. All the elderly folks should commit a crime

,get sent to prison! They would be treated better in prison and that's

for sure. Crazy world we live in....

Happy trails

QDG

I say high speed bus straight to D.C. with drop off points alternating between the White House, Congress and the Supreme Court.

There are a lot of rooms in the White House.. lol

The best minds had a meeting tonight here in CA.. lol.. and they came up with "tent city" like Joe has in AZ.

I heard a report this morning where a state senator was commenting on the order and reciting a few interesting bits of information... here's a sample:

Current health care provided inmates as mandated by the Feds costs the state about $17,000 per inmate. This is about three times what the Feds pay for those in Federal prisons.

Some 20,000+ "undocumented aliens" are housed in California prisons. The state absorbs the costs for these prisoners, most of whom should fall under Federal jurisdiction.

The average prison guard salary in the U. S. is about $33,000. In California, starting pay is $73,000+... last year more than 2,400 made over $100,000.

Wow! :blink:

I'm wondering how many citizens it takes to fund one prisoner via taxes... :wacko:

You are a little off on your starting pay for a CDC&R Guard its under 40k a year...and a topped out guard is under the 73K...as for those making a 100k + for your average guard it takes a lot of overtime to hit that mark...the money is good for a guard in CA but the work sucks....there is just not enough soap & water to wash prison off you at the end of the day.

As for the medical & living conditions in a CA prison...inmates have better medical then 90% of us in the USA 2/3 of the staff at a CA prison is medical & medical support staff staff....as for all the pore non violent pot smokers in CA prisons...thats a bunch of BS....

I have the fix to reduse prison population in CA.

You have a open house on the first & third Sunday of each month for "Adoped a felon day" were your bleading hart can go to a CA prison and get there own felon and take him home and make them part of the family.

I got a better idea, How about we ship them all to your backyard and see how you like it?:angry:

For cryin' out load 4T, it gets a little irritating to be lumped in with folks we have no use for or control over!

you are right! We should ship them to SF & LA...there are the one that think a felon should be treated better

Let's put this in perspective folks, 40,000 felons in a state that has 30 +MILLION people is a drop in the bucket. Still make sure yer guns are loaded, just sayin'................:)

Ya know what? I apologize. Emotion over ruled intellect, never shoulda posted that. Sorry Forty Rod.:mellow:

I know. I'm a Californian, too, and I've been fighting this crap for years

The problem is, WE in this county have several state prisons locally...like within a few miles of MY HOUSE... full of felons from much bigger and much more crime ridden places than San Bernardino County. If they are released they will likely stay here or return to their old haunts to return to their lives of crime and we'll get them back again at some point.....and I'd rather have them in places with high percentages of weepy, leftist apologists, who want these poor misunderstood souls freed instead of back here in "six pack and cowboy boots country" (A term created by an advisor to Congressman David Dreier during his 1978 campaign).

Let THEM absorb the problem they helped create.

The best minds had a meeting tonight here in CA.. lol.. and they came up with "tent city" like Joe has in AZ.

Put that tent city on the White House lawn or the mall between there and the Washington Monument.

We didn't commit the crimes, we don't support the criminals, most of us don't have any friends or relatives in jails, and we don't get any say in where the prisons are built. Why should we bear the brunt of a failed system legislated and run by idiots and by those who should, in some cases, be imprisoned themselves?

Put that tent city on the White House lawn or the mall between there and the Washington Monument.

Alas, Forty, I don't think it'd bother 'em. :(

I remember United Nations Plaza, in San Francisco. A truly beautiful urban setting in downtown SF, bordered by the Federal Building, State Building, and opera house to the west.... adorned by flags of many nations and a world-class reflecting pool.

Then... the "do-gooders" decided it would better serve as an urban campground for "deserving homeless." It quickly became dicey to walk across the area, with hazards ranging from stepping in **** to being panhandled or plain accosted. The reflecting pool became a giant bathtub, then toilet. And the city's answer to that? Why, take out the reflecting pool, of course!

Naw.... the politicians would just nod sympathetically at the "tent city" residents from their tinted-windowed, air-conditioned cars as they pass by on their way home to exclusive neighborhoods. -_-

Hmm...sounds sorta like that Snake Pliskin film a few years back - Escape from NY - take an isolated piece of real estate (Manhatten?) and devote it to an exclusively criminal population; you like crime? Live in it. No law enforcement, no escape, no society to prey upon, no services, no benefits. Of course, the basic premise is that all criminals are unsalvageable, and should be abandoned. Still, there may be some that fit that concept.

LL

Archived