SASS Wire Forum

WILD BUNCH 1911 Question

Yul Catchum

I read the Wild Bunch rules regarding the 1911 and in the first set of rules for the 1911 it says clearlly SINGLE STACK magazine holding no more than 8 rounds.

BUT, then it goes into MODERN and the rules do not specify the single stack magazine but does restrict it to 8 rounds with only 5 loaded...?

Was this their way of saying I can I use my double stack PARA ORDINACE if the mag is loaded with only 5 rounds when it meets all other criteria?

I hate trying to write rules myself. Just when you thinkl you have it some smart-aleck from Louisiana asks a question.

1911 PISTOL REQUIREMENTS

Full size single stack steel frame 1911 style semi-auto pistol in .45 ACP caliber. No

more than one main match pistol may be carried to the firing line.

This is for all pistols - the rules then go and breakdown further requirements for Traditional and Modern.

So in answer to your question - No - only single stack allowed. Additionally, I am not sure the double stack would fall within the weight requirements either.

Have fun!!!!! - Did I say I love WB!!!!!

STL

Actually, this part is all-inclusive regarding pistol requirements:

1911 PISTOL REQUIREMENTS

Full size single stack steel frame 1911 style semi-auto pistol in .45 ACP caliber. No

more than one main match pistol may be carried to the firing line.

The Traditional & Modern category modifications section is just that, modifications allowed to the "Full sized single stack steel frame".

1911 PISTOL REQUIREMENTS

Full size single stack steel frame 1911 style semi-auto pistol in .45 ACP caliber.

Have fun!!!!! - Did I say I love WB!!!!!

STL

Yep, have fun!! Love my WB!! :D

http://www.sassnet.com/wildbunch/forum/

http://www.curtrich.com/01wildbunchfordummies.html

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

Archived