SASS Wire Forum

Ending stage with rifle...

Shooting Bull

I guess the bottom line is, if anybody comes to have fun with the Silver City Shooting Society in beautiful downtown Pahrump Nevada, be prepared to shoot your rifle last occasionally. It's a great change of pace and we've never had any problems.

If I ever get out that way. I would shoot it and not utter a word about it.

and sure I would enjoy it.

But don't think I will ever come back from a match and say. WOW. That was great. Really

different. We shot the rifle last. It really added to it and mixed things up.

Think there are so many other ways, to mix our order up. And still keep it interesting without

shooting rifle last.

But. That is just my opinion. Not worth much. (but you asked)

Did come back from a shoot on Sat and enjoyed a stage a lot that was different.

At least to me anyway.

The All for one. One for all sweep.

Really simple. But different and we all enjoy it.

In fact. We all shot it again.

Do think sometimes RO's need reminding to make sure they are in

the correct postion to pick up that last shot. And to be watching

that it does.

Something I try and make sure I do.

...The RO has no control over the loads the shooter may be using and I've personally timed a bunch that the timer WILL NOT reliably pick up shots eeven when you hold the timer way out in front of the shooter where it's in his peripheral vision.

I was Spotting for a Shooter...I heard the BEEP!....watching the first target.....waiting.....waiting....so I look at the Shooter to see what his problem was...he was a cocking and pulling the triger as fast as he could...I couldn' hear no pistol BANG....no target DING and NO target movement..

Since his loads were that light, makes me wonder how the timer picked up his rifle shots!?

The only situation I have seen where the rifle was used last involved an outlaw making his getaway on a fast horse and once he was out of pistol and shotgun range...out came the rifle and the good guy shot the bad guy just before he went over the hill. :D

And the TO was dutifully watching the display on the timer to be sure it picked up that shot!

If you watch some of the videos that are posted from time to time, you will see some TOs who cannot even see the display on the time until the scenario is over - the display is pointed downrange!

I was Spotting for a Shooter...I heard the BEEP!....watching the first target.....waiting.....waiting....so I look at the Shooter to see what his problem was...he was a cocking and pulling the triger as fast as he could...I couldn' hear no pistol BANG....no target DING and NO target movement..

Since his loads were that light, makes me wonder how the timer picked up his rifle shots!?

Son!!! you have hearing problems big time.... I am deaf and can hear a prime only squib with ear plugs in. You best not RO or count would be my recommendation. :)

Blastmaster

Archived