SASS Wire Forum

Jesse Stone Movie Tonight, CBS

Aunt Jen

I had a hard time stayin awake.:wacko: One of the worst Jessie movies I've seen. It was soooo slow, c'mon with the sappy music and all the drama about his love life and blah blah blah, this was a real stinker!:angry: Rye

Very disappointed, I tuned in and instead of the Jesse Stone movies they were playing a series of McBride movies wiith John Larroquette, Bummer!:angry:

Watched Firefly instead. My wife likes Natan Fillion. :lol:

(and I like Morena Baccarin) ;)

Wife and I have watched and enjoyed all the Jesse Stone movies, but we both commented to each other that this one was by far the worst. :wacko: I am a big Tom Selleck fan, but this was one of the worst. I really like the new police series he is in Friday nights :rolleyes: I saw they were plugging it a lot last night. I think it's over for the season and this Friday the reruns will start. Was pretty good, hope its back next season

Well, given the reviews thus far I guess I'm not as disappointed that I missed it, still a marginal Tom Selleck movie is better than most stuff on TV.

Miz Grizz and Daughter Grizz were watching a Harry Potter movie, so I stayed away from the TV last night.

I have to agree with all the rewiews so far. I like Selleck in almost everything he's done, but last night was bad and I don't think it was his fault. During the last five minutes, I went to fussing about it being a continued story (worried I might miss the second half when they decided to show it), and bam it was over. It should have been continued to let some of the story lines to be played out and something finished. I think they just tried to shove too much story into 2 hours. Hopefully (if Selleck or Devane doesn't get too old) they will do a fourth story, let him get rid of the little ass they brought in as chief, get his job back and have fun with the dog.

Like Grizzly Dave said, even being bad, or marginal, a Selleck movie was way better than anything else on last night.

I have to agree with all the rewiews so far. I like Selleck in almost everything he's done, but last night was bad and I don't think it was his fault. During the last five minutes, I went to fussing about it being a continued story (worried I might miss the second half when they decided to show it), and bam it was over. It should have been continued to let some of the story lines to be played out and something finished. I think they just tried to shove too much story into 2 hours. Hopefully (if Selleck or Devane doesn't get too old) they will do a fourth story, let him get rid of the little ass they brought in as chief, get his job back and have fun with the dog.

Like Grizzly Dave said, even being bad, or marginal, a Selleck movie was way better than anything else on last night.

I believe in the opening credits that it showed Tom Selleck as one of the two writers.

I believe in the opening credits that it showed Tom Selleck as one of the two writers.

To take a quote from the movie "It did"

Rant ON:

Too much Jesse feelin sorry for himself

Too much looking back

Not enough plot line to hate the bad guy

Not enough subplot to care about (although it was cool how he solved the rape)

Not enough suspense to draw me into the final shootout.

Usually I'm watching them on DVD and I can rerun it several times.

I want to live long enough to see the little butt-kissing chief get kicked you know where and sent on his way.

Rant OFF

Other than that it was fine.:lol:

Waimea (who doesn't rant much unless it's really necessary)

:FlagAm:

Sorry Birdgun, I missed that! Selleck needs to stay with acting and quit writing, especially if that is what he is going to turn out.

Tell, in 65+ years I have found that usually is the case with most story lines, the book is always better.

Waimea, that was a great line, something you would expect from Dirty Harry at his best.

I can only hope Blue Bloods comes back next year. The way they closed all the story lines, I was having doubts.

You have to admit, he has come along way since Magnum PI. His Louis Lamour movies were great. Like good wine, he gets better with age.

Archived