SASS Wire Forum

WTB old double any ga for shotgun wedding :.)

One of my good pards is wanting to get hitched at Stugis this year(in Aug) and he wants an old west style shotgun wedding with SASS duds and the whole nine yards. I want to find an old double with hammers to paint white so it dosnt have to be a working gun so a wall hanger will do, any age any cal.maybe one of the old chinese ones that sold at Big 5 for cheap. dont want to go though an FFL so a parts gun? pr relic would be great. Can nay of you pards help me out? Thanks :.)

One of my good pards is wanting to get hitched at Stugis this year(in Aug) and he wants an old west style shotgun wedding with SASS duds and the whole nine yards. I want to find an old double with hammers to paint white so it dosnt have to be a working gun so a wall hanger will do, any age any cal.maybe one of the old chinese ones that sold at Big 5 for cheap. dont want to go though an FFL so a parts gun? pr relic would be great. Can nay of you pards help me out? Thanks :.)

Hi Peso,

Unfortuneately, if it is a modern made "cartridge" gun, and the receiver is intact, regardless of the gun's condition, it will require transfer via a FFL-holder, unless I just don't understand the rules on this. (As far as the BATFE is concerned, the receiver is the gun.)

Maybe someone could loan or rent to you an old or reproduction flintlock or percussion-type shotgun. Then, it could be shipped, mailed, etc. without restriction. Do you have to paint it white?

Just a thought. The wedding sounds like it will be a lot of fun!

Cat

I believe that an antique, pre 1899, can ship direct. I have an older hammer gun, Belgian I do believe. It's got cheap laminated barrels, missing one hammer, but it makes up for it with "character". :rolleyes: It opens by pushing a lever down on the side of the receiver. If I can find it, and you want it, I'll let it go for $100 plus shipping and fees. We will need to see if it's and antique or not. IIRC marked W Richards(no, not that one). Looks like this, only not near so clean.

http://auction.theauctionblock.com/details.cfm?ID=419714

Archived