SASS Wire Forum

WTB Stock for Stevens 200

Looking to buy a stock for a Stevens 200.

It's the Savage short action in .223, with the blind magazine, e.g. no floor plate in the stock.

I need one for an engineering exercise and don't want to whittle up the stock I have right now.

Do you need the one with the older bolt spacing? If so, I have an un-used take-off from my Savage 10FP in .308. It is black synthetic. I think that I might have taken the sling swivels off of it though to use on another project.

Howdy Buckshot!

I checked mine, and the spacing on the screw holes is 4.25". From what I've read, that would make it a stagger-feed short action.

Sling swivels don't matter, but the action screw spacing and the solid bottom is essential.

For what I'm working on there'll be quite a bit of action dismounting & remounting to check tolerances and function.

I just got it out of the attic. It is a black synthetic Savage stock with 4.25" bolt spacing and blind magazine. It is for a short action Savage with a heavy barrel (10FP). It is missing the sling swivels and the recoil pad. It's yours if you want it.

Archived