SASS Wire Forum

Ruthless McDraw

I talked to several clubs here in Ohio today about wearing BRIGHT LIME GREEN RIBBONS on their badges or on their clothing in her honor and to keep her and DJ in our prayers and thoughts. Those that I talked to said that it's a great idea and would inform their membership.

I would like to invite other clubs across the country to do the same, not just for Ruthless McDraw but for all the cancer patients in America. It's a terrible disease and it seems to be affecting more and more of us everyday. We have to find a cure.

Wagon Master Duke

sounds like a good idea ,,went thru two surgeries last year getting that crap outta me ,,( its trying to piece me out ),it affects so many people ,more than i knew till i started going to cancer clinic

thanks alot keep it up

Slowrider 29914L

Wrangler Kid Al said he is not taken his off until she come out of the hospital. Mom can't wait to see what the kids are going to say. I told mom that no one is going to make me take if off.

Also the rest of the family has a pink ribbon on, and they are taking it off until she is home.....

mine is part of my regular gear.

cheyenne

Hi Folks,

That's a sweet idea. Did you know that grey ribbons are used for brain cancer awareness? Here is a cancer awareness color chart.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Allie Darlin, you are such a wealth of useful knowledge! Thanks a bunch! What say you Duke, Gray, Pink or what. Hey man I am down with anything I just need to know before I call Mose and place an order.

Love this... let us know what color we want to use.. Will pass this along to my pards at Tusco...

When I first thought of this it was for Ruthless and the color pink came in mind for a great lady never thinking of pink for breast cancer. But thanks to Allie ( only kidding :) ) and her color chart :) the question came up.

Do you think we should change the color or leave it pink for now. Some clubs are wearing pink yesterday at their shoots.

Just got off the phone with Doc and he wants to order arm bans but doesn't know what color we want.

Let me know

PINK

GRAY

DOESN'T MATTER

Thanks and God Bless

Wagon Master Duke

Maybe Ruthless' Favorite Color?? Let us know, arm bands would be great too... is Doc thinking of just a certain color of arm band or having something put on it? Bottom line we need to do something for such a great lady..

Does anyone know is there a ribbon color that covers cancer awareness for all the types of cancer?

Lefty Lobo Lee

Lavender.

Allie, I don't see this as causeing a problem but doing exactly what the intent was. Wanting to show support for Ruthless, the result is being awre of different types of cancer and their individual ways to identify them. Your post if nothing else makes MORE aware of the differnent cancer types and the causes. Thank You! I would have to say that most of know someone with cancer or has lost someone to cancer.

Lefty

Allie you didn't cause any problems. You brought up a good point. Please,please don't worry about it. Thank you for reading the post and putting in your input. I always enjoy reading your posts. Maybe you can help us on the "Left Coast" B)

Have a great day :)

Wagon Master Duke

Just throwing out another idea.. what about the rubber bracelets? like http://www.choosehope.com/product/no-one-fights-alone-wristband

looks like you could get those bracelets customized as well... http://24hourwristbands.com/order-custom-silicone-wristbands/

just brainstorming...

Doc what do you think? Have you talk to Mose and Bella about the arm bands? I am guessing a lot of people are gonna want to support Ruthless with whatever you come up with...

Wrangler Kid has passed out pink and gray at school so I am sure that is what color we are going with... Also I had my nail done and I have one pink and gray ribbon on my nails. I think since the club are waring pick that it should be pink.

Keep me informed and I will get the items for Greene County Cowboys.

Ruger Ray

what are the other clubs doing Duke.. just ribbon? pinned to the shirts? Sounds good to me.. anything to support Ruthless!

Bright lime Green! This is the color that Ruthless has picked! I just called Mose and have 200 arm bands on order! They will have both Ruthless and Fight Cancer embroidered on them! We are going to ASK, not required, for a $10 donation to help DJ and Ruthless with the medical costs. These Will Hopefully The armbands will be ready for the state shoot in Piqua!

Archived