SASS Wire Forum

My Grandaughter shot her first

And I am the proudest PAPA in Georgia. It was unfortunate that she had to start on the Rams but that's the luck of the draw. She only hit 2 rams,but she hit 8 turkeys, 10 pigs and 9 chickens. I think Miss Skyler is on her way to becoming an excellent 22 shooter. Her proud Papa is willing to spend the time and the money to make her a great little shooter. BTW she is only a 68 lb. 8 year old. :wub::lol: :lol:

And I am the proudest PAPA in Georgia. It was unfortunate that she had to start on the Rams but that's the luck of the draw. She only hit 2 rams,but she hit 8 turkeys, 10 pigs and 9 chickens. I think Miss Skyler is on her way to becoming an excellent 22 shooter. Her proud Papa is willing to spend the time and the money to make her a great little shooter. BTW she is only a 68 lb. 8 year old. :wub::lol: :lol:

Cherokee Charlie, I got a grand daughter wif dat same name. She's 5, and a 22 is still too heavy fer her......

But someday....maybe.....

Just thought I would post a picture of Skyler showing off her first score card.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/c42r537c72f8/DSC05460.jpg

Just thought I would post a picture of Skyler showing off her first score card.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/c42r537c72f8/DSC05460.jpg

She is adorable! Give her my congratulations, and my wishes for more shoots and much more fun to come. A proud Grandpa you must be. I sure would be.

Dutchman

Good news. We were able to adjust Skyler's score to 30 not 29 because Papa had made an error in scoring because she shot a couple out of order and I didn't want to be wrong in her favor so I called the match director and he scored it for me and she picked up one point. Good call on his part.

BMC, now I know if she can hit 30x40 you can hit-----well, let's just say you have a little challenge on your hands.

Glad to see her involved in the shooting sports. Obviously, she gets her good looks from her Granny's side of the family :rolleyes:

Thank goodness for that. LM she will be shooting next month. Come witness it. She will better her 30x score--I would bet on it. She is out of school now and staying with us during the day so guess where Papa will be taking her?

MT she already has my heart----she breaks it every time she goes home. :wub::lol::lol:

Good news. We were able to adjust Skyler's score to 30 not 29 because Papa had made an error in scoring because she shot a couple out of order and I didn't want to be wrong in her favor so I called the match director and he scored it for me and she picked up one point. Good call on his part.

BMC, now I know if she can hit 30x40 you can hit-----well, let's just say you have a little challenge on your hands.

I plead NO CONTEST. Give Skyler the trophy.

I plead NO CONTEST. Give Skyler the trophy.

BMC--I have never known you to give up that easily.

BMC--I have never known you to give up that easily.

You ain't a pretty little girl either. I am a sucker for little girls. I had two daughters that

are a delight to me. I give in before they even try real hard.

Now if you were to challenge me, I might take that new CZ or the Marlin and show you how it is done. :lol:

OK, BMC, you have been challenged. I choose the weapon. I choose the .17 cal. I have already shot my score. Look at the score sheet for Sat. under Extreme Rimfire on our gunclub webpage. This is a postal shoot. Now it's your turn. I will wait for your results.

How in the heck did I miss this thread...??? CC... congratulations to your grand-daughter and to you for helping bring her up right...!!! You are rightfully proud... Sometimes I think I made a mistake in teaching Ms. Maggie :wub::wub::wub: to shoot, but in the end, it's something we get to do together... And Skyler will make some boys think twice later in life... Dang... I'm proud for you...!!!

Vaya con Dios

OK, BMC, you have been challenged. I choose the weapon. I choose the .17 cal. I have already shot my score. Look at the score sheet for Sat. under Extreme Rimfire on our gunclub webpage. This is a postal shoot. Now it's your turn. I will wait for your results.

Well, two problems come to mind right off. 1. I don't own a .17 HMR so I have no way of shooting one.

2. I am still tinkering with my Bolt Action .22 LR. because the trigger is set too light. I still need to get it mounted and the scope mounted for that to happen.

I do however have a Marlin .416 Rigby Pinfire ready for action. Maybe we can cook up something there.

I will let you know when I get the CZ sighted in. Then the Game is ON!

P.S. No way am I shooting against Skyler though. :)

Thanks Flint. This summer is going to be the best summer of my life. Skyler will get to shoot at least 3 shoots. Boy! am I still excited. :excl::excl::excl:

Badger, We could work up something with the Marlins. I haven't shot mine in awhile because I have been really been working out with my little Browning lever action because it is so much faster. I will take pics of our new targets tomorrow and see what you think of them.

CC

BMC--a light trigger in our game is to kill for. :wub:

Thanks Flint. This summer is going to be the best summer of my life. Skyler will get to shoot at least 3 shoots. Boy! am I still excited. :excl::excl::excl:

Badger, We could work up something with the Marlins. I haven't shot mine in awhile because I have been really been working out with my little Browning lever action because it is so much faster. I will take pics of our new targets tomorrow and see what you think of them.

CC

BMC--a light trigger in our game is to kill for. :wub:

That sounds like a plan. I will ask Willie to be my second and sign the target with me. I would not ask that you have a second because I would trust you and I know that your are not as devious as I am.

Besides I know that your targets will not be what you shot, but probably what you talked Skyler into shooting for you.

Now to besure that the playing field is not level, we ARE TALKING ABOUT .22 LR rifles and targets, correct. At 50 or 100 yards?

Iron sights?

Congrats Charlie, thats just great! I like to see younger shooters at the range!

Sorta warms the old ticker. All my best to the young lady :) .

Happy trails

QDG

Charlie, Charlie. Don't you know better than to tell a gals age and weight! :o:P:lol:

Congrats about ya granddaughter. I know how ya feel. Sure am proud of both of my girls when they shoot a match. My oldest shot 9 stages of Ambush clean one year with the shoot thru posse. Couldn't shoot the secret stage till Saturday or Sunday but had to be back home for a ball game and contest. Told her I'd come get her so she could finish her match and possibly clean. She told me she had promised to go to church with her grandmother and didn't want to let her down so she couldn't come back. Made my heart swell with pride when she told me that.

Know you'll have similar things happen with your granddaughter if she's anything like you. ;)

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/c42r537c72f8/DSC05482.jpg

Just look what I got skyler to shoot yesterday. It was her first time ever to shoot a handgun. She did very well indeed.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/c42r537c72f8/DSC05483.jpg

Archived