SASS Wire Forum

**SOLD** First Generation Colt .45

Gun is blue with 7 1/2 barrel, grips are black w/Rampant Colt. All assembly marks match. Grips Ser# to frame.

Serial# in in the 34X,XXX range. Bore and cylinder are fresh and shiny. A shooter if that's what you want, but very collectable. $4,500 Firm. Buyer pays shipping, handling and insurance unless you live in Alabama. Thanks fer lookin,

See new, better pictures. Found initials scratched into bottom of 1 grip panel. Have copies of appraisal and Colt factory letter.

Spunky

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h415/dmccay1954/DSC_6492.jpg

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h415/dmccay1954/DSC_6494.jpg

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h415/dmccay1954/DSC_6493.jpg

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h415/dmccay1954/DSC_6496.jpg

Awe...Come on, now! Paintin a picture like ya did and then leave us with NO PICTURES!!! :o

Some of us, shore would like to see what it looks like!

Thanks for the pic!

There is no price in the ad, where did you get the 7500 from?

Thanks for catching my error. I edited the ad this morning and left it out. Proce came from the 2011 Standard Catalog of firearm prices. It is put out by the guys who do gunlist and uses real prices from the auction site. The book shows a 90% Colt to be worth $8,000. I'm asking $7,000 to make someone a good deal, but not too good.

Spunky

No offense intended but maybe most of those looking and interested don't see a 90% gun. Most of the case is gone on the frame, the pictures show a great deal of bluing missing form the barrel, ejector rod and cylinder. The ejector and possibly the barrel appear to have pitting. My copy of the Standard Catalog of Firearms does not grade by percentage but rather Excellent, Very Good, Good, Fair, Poor. The Blue Book grades by percentage of original finish remaining. I will not attempt to grade your gun but it is far from 90%. I am a buyer and so is Oklahoma Dee for correctly graded and priced Colts and Winchesters. By the way the SASS email system does not work as I tried to to get you this information that way. If you would care to continue this privately contact me at dmfservices@suddenlink.net. I would be happy to make you an offer

Buffalo Nichols

Bump to the top..

Don't let the price scare you off.

All reasonable offers will be seriously considered...

Spunky

Hi Spunky,

Pretty interesting Colt.

Do you have a Colt letter on this revolver?

Thanks

Oklahoma Dee

Nope, no letter. If you need it to have one to make the deal, then we need to talk.

Spunky

Awww Heck Spunky,

I am thinkin without a Colt factory letter, to verify the way that gun left the factory,... for that much money,...well..., no thanks. ;) Just the way I was taught.

Best wishes,

Oklahoma Dee

Nope, no letter. If you need it to have one to make the deal, then we need to talk.

Spunky

Well, if you want and it takes a Colt letter to verify originality, then we need to negotiate. I'll spring for half the letter if you will commit to the purchase if everything is OK.

Spunky

• 4 weeks later...

Back to the top. Gun now has a 3rd party appraisal and a letter from the Colt Archives...

Spunky

I don't have my Colt book handy, but my guess is it was made around 1923 based on the partial serial number given. I'm not an FFL dealer, but I don't believe that this gun would be considered an antique.

what year was it made? Will it need an FFL or is it antigue? has it been refinished?

what year was it made? Will it need an FFL or is it antigue? has it been refinished?

It's not an antique, but it does qualify as Curio & Relic applicable. Seller's choice: It will have to be transferred either to a C&R License or through a standard FFL, or sold directly to someone in Alabama.

Back to the top. Gun now has a 3rd party appraisal and a letter from the Colt Archives...

Spunky

How did you get a Colt Letter so fast? It took me more than 60 days to get one for my gun. Do they have an expedited way to get them?

Nice gun

Hi;

Here's my two cents, would you consider any kind of layaway? Maybe some of these pards would be able to get in on this fine gun if they could have a little time? I am not asking, I love it but cannot go for that right now, but if I could, I would ask for layaway. It's not the money sometimes, it's, "Do you know where the $4,500 that was in the XXXX account went to?" That can strike the Fear of God into me as well as some other ornery fellows, here. Just a thought big guy, it's such a beauty that I hate to see it floating around like this.

Thanks for lettin' me see her!

BullWhacker

Will be able to scan the letter the first of next week. Also have 3rd party appraisal of the gun. Don't want to post them though, will email them to you if you want to send me your address in a "personal conversation".

Spunky

Bump to top with edits. Have scanned copy of Colt letter and new pictures not made with flash. Letter not posted, but available for serious inquiries.

Spunky

• 2 weeks later...

Archived