SASS Wire Forum

Don't sweat the small stuff,

You know we oft let things of this world get to us, such as he said she said, they done me wrong, they did this they did that, who do they think they are,,,you know all the things that get our underwear all pinched up.

Then something comes along like Ruthless's illness, or Korupt Karl's wife's illness, puts all tha small stuff into perspective doesn't it?

If you got ill towards someone, address it, don't let it fester, forgive, it's sooooooooo much easier to live with a heart unfettered with distain and hatred.

Do we have any option but to forgive, not if you believe in the Scriptures.

Dont sweat the small stuff, some day you will have to sweat the big stuff,

Cheyenne

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

"Don't sweat the petty things...

Just pet the sweaty things."

ts

Well said CC.

Cheyenne

Ain't a scholar on the subject but I thought forgiveness must be sought to be recieved, no?

Very Best Regards,

BJT

I agree CC

BJT...I have forgiven a number of folks that have never asked for it. They may not know it, but if'n one has wronged me hopefully they know I forgive 'em. Some stuff has been hard to forgive, but the Lord has given me strength to do so.

GG

Ain't a scholar on the subject but I thought forgiveness must be sought to be recieved, no?

Very Best Regards,

BJT

But it's better to give than to receive no? :D

BJT, nope, it don't have to be asked for. They don't even have to be aware of it. If yer holding onto ugly stuff, it's only stinkin up YOUR life. Much can be gained by just letting go of it and moving along. Like CC says, when the time comes you have to deal with the "big" stuff, it's that much easier if yer not loaded down with crap ya coulda let go of a long time ago..... If ya are holding onto small stuff, yer gonna feel really dumb about the time yer whole life, every fiber of your being is needed to handle the "big" stuff...

I got me a little glimmer of light here a while ago when the doc said "cancer", and it was like somebody'd whacked me with a hammer...... NOTHING ELSE MATTERED, I can tell ya that.

Cheyenne

Hi Cheyenne.

Sometimes in life, we can take one perspective on how to handle a life issue, and then years later, we sometimes find ourselves taking quite the opposite view. Sometimes one view is wrong. But also sometimes, neither is really wrong, just another way a reasonable person may see a thing.

We're all dealing with things from our own perspectives, based on our different learnings.

It's good to ponder how other views can still be valid. And, yes, forgiveness, or at least understanding, is worthy. I don't need scripture to see that; I just need time.

Aunt Jen

Very Best Regards,

BJT

BJT and I could have a great lunch table discussion on this and basically (or fundamentally), I agree with him.

If somebody purposefully offends me, I'm not responsible to forgive them unless they ask for that forgiveness.

BUT, on the other hand, when Jesus Christ was teaching his disciples to pray, he used the phrase (according to KJ version); "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us".

This 'trespass' is used to reflect an 'unintended' offense. Its the same as asking for forgiveness even for those 'offenses' that you've committed without knowing you committed them.

So, we do need to strive to have that forgiving attitude because most of those things we viewed as offensive towards us were actually innocent gestures from another party who had no ill intent towards us.

Anyhow, no offense meant towards anyone with my post. I just think this is a very neat topic and it does make a great lunch table discussion.

Have another glass of tea fellers.....on me.

And forgive me for not buying you a beer.....I can't afford it!

My daughter just graduated from HS with a 4.0+ grade average so me and the Bunk House Boss just bought her a 2012 Honda Civic with just about every conceivable gizmo you can imagine. OUCH!

..........Widder

Widder, kudos to all in the "Widder" household for sheparding the young lass to her success. ALL OF YA done good.

On the subject of forgiveness, ultimately it is a self-serving, or perhaps "self-loving" gesture to let go of the hate, even hate for those who have wronged you intentionally. I'm not saying if they criminally or civilly harmed you you shouldn't seek redress, but I am saying if ya let the hard, hurtful stuff flow out of your heart and mind, YOU will be better. In a sense, you make your enemy powerful if his hurt stays with you, and defeat him if you "heal" yourself of his wounds to you.

And for those things we have done ourselves and ain't proud of, forgive yourself too.....

Or, as my departed brother used to say "Life's too short to spend it being mad."

Some daughters are born lucky. I wish they all did as well as Widder's.

Very Best Regards,

BJT

BJT and I could have a great lunch table discussion on this and basically (or fundamentally), I agree with him.

If somebody purposefully offends me, I'm not responsible to forgive them unless they ask for that forgiveness.

BUT, on the other hand, when Jesus Christ was teaching his disciples to pray, he used the phrase (according to KJ version); "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us".

This 'trespass' is used to reflect an 'unintended' offense. Its the same as asking for forgiveness even for those 'offenses' that you've committed without knowing you committed them.

So, we do need to strive to have that forgiving attitude because most of those things we viewed as offensive towards us were actually innocent gestures from another party who had no ill intent towards us.

Anyhow, no offense meant towards anyone with my post. I just think this is a very neat topic and it does make a great lunch table discussion.

Have another glass of tea fellers.....on me.

And forgive me for not buying you a beer.....I can't afford it!

My daughter just graduated from HS with a 4.0+ grade average so me and the Bunk House Boss just bought her a 2012 Honda Civic with just about every conceivable gizmo you can imagine. OUCH!

..........Widder

Thanks for the post CC.

It's amazing how time stands still when you encounter health issues that can change you and your families lives. So many things seem unimportant as you hang on for a roller coaster ride. Taking time to embrace the outpouring from friends with support, positive thoughts and prayer.....and it means a lot....believe me, it means more than you'll ever know.

As the song said "I didn't promise you a rose garden" and I'm often reminded of the statement that "God, won't give you anymore than he thinks you can handle"....it's often been my belief that he gives some too much credit.

I know that without faith we would be lost, we would be without answers. I can only believe that some are going early to the promised land. Let us all continue to prayer for those in need....

KK

I started out this hobby of SASS over one year ago with no expectations other than to have fun. I love to shoot, collect guns, work on guns, and the notion of putting that together with a western theme and dressing the part with others like me was the ticket. It has lived up to the promise. I can't always shoot, but I can go to the Wire and share with others that do and reminisce about the guns, reloading, collecting and other aspects of our sport at any time. It was some Good former friends that helped me getting started in SASS with advice and suggestions and such and the Wire that helped bring about an end to those friendships.

I like to let bygones be bygones. And am usually quick to forgive and forget. Things that have happened in my family life and career would bear this out. So I hold no grudge in SASS or on the Wire. I only wish the opposite were true as it pertains to me. It seems that I have offended a few folk on the Wire and they have taken it to heart. Though months have passed and sincere apologies have been rendered, some of my direct posts (of a polite helpful nature) go silent and unacknowledged while others get pounced upon and references made to events which have happened months in the past. For that I am truly sorry.

Not only for me, as in my initial apologies were accepted in vain or not at all, but mainly for the other folks themselves. Because what a pity it would be to have to live like that. In that regard as a Christian I feel very fortunate as I have the power of Christ to aid me in the forgiveness of others and the peace to be comforted when I myself am not forgiven. But the others, what do they have? Not very much to lean on if they are still holding months long/year long grudges. Like others have said, it is much easier to make a smile than a frown (less muscles and all), and what can be done about it? If the party in question has to the best of their ability apologized a number of times in public print on the Wire as an example, what else could be expected to be done?

Putting myself on the other side of the fence I suppose, there have been occasions where a dealer has lied to me to cheat me in a gun transaction and get the better of me and does. When I learned about it months down the road I chalked it up to lessons learned, held no grudges and continued to go about my business. Life, as mentioned earlier, is way too short to worry about such a thing. Before moving up to Atwater, CA I was told by my doctors that at the stage I was at with my diabetic complications and all, they would be very surprised to see me get much beyond the five year mark. Now maybe that has changed my priorities in life a bit, but hanging on to a petty squabble on the Wire does not sound to me like one of those really important keeper ones in my life. Once again, To all I may have offended in the past or present, I am truly sorry for having done so. Can we now get on about living? Smithy.

Thanks for the post CC.

It's amazing how time stands still when you encounter health issues that can change you and your families lives. So many things seem unimportant as you hang on for a roller coaster ride. Taking time to embrace the outpouring from friends with support, positive thoughts and prayer.....and it means a lot....believe me, it means more than you'll ever know.

As the song said "I didn't promise you a rose garden" and I'm often reminded of the statement that "God, won't give you anymore than he thinks you can handle"....it's often been my belief that he gives some too much credit.

I know that without faith we would be lost, we would be without answers. I can only believe that some are going early to the promised land. Let us all continue to prayer for those in need....

KK

Howdy KK,

One thing I learned when BIG stuff happens along the way (and it took a while to come to me), is to give up that thought "Why me?" I looked myself in the mirror and said "Why not me?" I'm not special. "stuff" happens to all kinds of folks, good and bad. It ain't like some "deserve it" and some don't. Helped me get past that resentment and get on with living....

Archived