SASS Wire Forum

Help for a young pard.

Zilar Crevan

I posted this on the saloon but I thought I would post it here also.

A couple of months back I met a young man, 35 years old, born with a mental problem that left him having seazures all his life and presently has the mind of a 10 year old. He saw a SASS event and fell in love with the Cowboy's and all that went with it. He wants to dress up and be a Cowboy but he doesn't have the money so they ask me if I knew any one that had some old stuff they don't wear any more that he could have. I told them I don't have anything but I would ask some friends of mine. So I thought about the SASS WIRE. If any one out there could help this young man, it would be like Christmas to him. His name is Donnie Brown he lives in Minor Hill, TN. They told me his shirts are lg, pants are 36, boots are 11 1/2, hat size is lg, coat 44. I know things are tough for us all. If any one has any thing He would be so happy. Thanks everyone.

Zilar

email me yer address, I may have a couple of things I can send off..(a bib front shirt and a vest off top of my head, but will see if I have anything else.)

He can wear jeans and if you want to make them more authentic cut off the belt loops and put some batchlor buttons on and then you can use suspenders. I still wear a pair that I made when I first started.

I hope some other folks can throw in on this....come on pards pony up.

curley

email me at:

sdough@earthlink.net

I have a shirt and some suspenders he can have. Maybe a hat too, will have to measure, not sure what size is a large hat, 7 1/2 maybe?

email me yer address, I may have a couple of things I can send off..(a bib front shirt and a vest off top of my head, but will see if I have anything else.)

He can wear jeans and if you want to make them more authentic cut off the belt loops and put some batchlor buttons on and then you can use suspenders. I still wear a pair that I made when I first started.

I hope some other folks can throw in on this....come on pards pony up.

curley

email me at:

sdough@earthlink.net

Thanks Curley

As soon as I read your response I sent them a message (I only have contact with them thru Facebook) that I needed their address and also e-mail so you all could contact them if you wished. I knew that my SASS friends would help a good cause. You guys have always never shyed from a challange, are at the ready to help. Thank you ALL SASS members.

I have a shirt and some suspenders he can have. Maybe a hat too, will have to measure, not sure what size is a large hat, 7 1/2 maybe?

Slim

This is awesome. His family saw me online on Facebook last nite and started asking me questions. They had looked at different Cowboy sites to buy him some things, and they are on a fixed income and his expences pretty much eat them alive. They ask me if I knew of anyone who might have some old clothes. I knew right were to go. Thank you so much.

Zilar

Archived