SASS Wire Forum

What does the Friends thing do?

Aunt Jen

I notice that I've got a couple "friends." I'm not real sure how I got them. Friends are nice, but I don't know what I did to corral them. And I notice some other folks like to list friends.

Is there something I'm missing? What are the "friends" functions for? Does it link communications or something?

Aunt Jen

I notice that I've got a couple "friends." I'm not real sure how I got them. Friends are nice, but I don't know what I did to corral them. And I notice some other folks like to list friends.

Is there something I'm missing? What are the "friends" functions for? Does it link communications or something?

Aunt Jen

Well Aunt Jen, fer me it means I like what dey've been postin'.

Now don't rightly know ifin' it means anythin' else.

Some you folks dat know more den me chime in here.

Well Aunt Jen, fer me it means I like what dey've been postin'.

Now don't rightly know ifin' it means anythin' else.

Some you folks dat know more den me chime in here.

Is your photo from The Shootist, Hawk? Good show.

I don't know what the difference is, though, between a shootist and a shooter or gunfighter. I shoot. So maybe I"m a shootist also.

Aunt Jen

May be a quirk in the system. When they changed the website, another Pard and I both got notices that we listed each other as Friends. We hadn't, but both had a big laugh about it and decided to just leave it as is.

Jen, far as I know it just makes it easier to get in touch with some people.

Let's suppose I want to ask Utah Bob a question. First I have to find a thread that he's posted on (maybe he is a bad choice - he posts a lot :lol: ). Once I find that thread, then I can click on his name, which takes me to his profile, so I can PM him.

If he was listed as my "friend", then he'd be in my profile. I just go to my profile, look in my "friends list", and click on Bob, to send the PM.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

The "friends" function allows folks to borrow stuff from ya.... and not return it.

ts

What's the friends thing on this site do anyway?

Beats the ever lovin booger snot right outta my nose! :D

Grizz

+1

I think:lol:

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Grizz don't need kleenex. He's got a kerchief that he uses to slice cheese with when he ain't wiping his nose.

Also heard he was recently pulled over in a traffic stop... frisked... and charged with carryin' a deadly kerchief without a permit.

ts

Is your photo from The Shootist, Hawk? Good show.

I don't know what the difference is, though, between a shootist and a shooter or gunfighter. I shoot. So maybe I"m a shootist also.

Aunt Jen

Why...Yes....Yes indeed !!!!

Just can't figger out how to post my on pic, nor do I have da computer thingy high mega super speed thing or nother.

Got danburn dail up. :angry:

Jen, far as I know it just makes it easier to get in touch with some people.

Let's suppose I want to ask Utah Bob a question. First I have to find a thread that he's posted on (maybe he is a bad choice - he posts a lot :lol: ). Once I find that thread, then I can click on his name, which takes me to his profile, so I can PM him.

If he was listed as my "friend", then he'd be in my profile. I just go to my profile, look in my "friends list", and click on Bob, to send the PM.

Ah. Yes. There's a practical use.

Aunt Jen

Why...Yes....Yes indeed !!!!

Just can't figger out how to post my on pic, nor do I have da computer thingy high mega super speed thing or nother.

Got danburn dail up. :angry:

You have to click on the thing up there, then another thing, and scroll down, then if you're like me with a big head there's this thing that says "adjust size" or "resize" so you can make it smaller, and if you're like some, you don't need to, and then you have to make it so's it's only 100 somethings big -- kind of like a few dozen donuts without the creme -- don't ask me why because the creme ones are best -- and then you have to either up or down load it, depending on whether you are down or up, I guess. I never could get that straight. And then there's some more clicking.

Overall, it's obviously a clique kind of thing to do, which I've got figured out because I've changed mine a few times trying to get one that doesn't look too bad.

This last one I've got up here (see upper left of this post): Lead Dispencer took a video of me out at the Hole in the Wall, after I accidentally shot him, which really helped a lot, actually, and I emailed it to myself off my iphone then I downloaded it into the computer, then I played the video on the screen, then froze it, took a still photo of my screen with the same iPhone, emailed it back to myself with a good resolution, downloaded that still photo into my computer (because that was faster than hooking up a line and transferring it into my confuser that way), then I downsized it and uploaded it.

If I had a dollar for every time I did that, I'd have three dollars. Then I could take a bath, and I need one.

Aunt Jen

You have to click on the thing up there, then another thing, and scroll down, then if you're like me with a big head there's this thing that says "adjust size" or "resize" so you can make it smaller, and if you're like some, you don't need to, and then you have to make it so's it's only 100 somethings big -- kind of like a few dozen donuts without the creme -- don't ask me why because the creme ones are best -- and then you have to either up or down load it, depending on whether you are down or up, I guess. I never could get that straight. And then there's some more clicking.

Overall, it's obviously a clique kind of thing to do, which I've got figured out because I've changed mine a few times trying to get one that doesn't look too bad.

This last one I've got up here (see upper left of this post): Lead Dispencer took a video of me out at the Hole in the Wall, after I accidentally shot him, which really helped a lot, actually, and I emailed it to myself off my iphone then I downloaded it into the computer, then I played the video on the screen, then froze it, took a still photo of my screen with the same iPhone, emailed it back to myself with a good resolution, downloaded that still photo into my computer (because that was faster than hooking up a line and transferring it into my confuser that way), then I downsized it and uploaded it.

If I had a dollar for every time I did that, I'd have three dollars. Then I could take a bath, and I need one.

Aunt Jen

Yeah....Well now.....

Dats easy fer you do say ! :lol:

Hey Hawk, you follow any of that? I caught something about her shooting Lead Dispencer, I've seen him shoot, he's scary fast, if she can beat him to the draw we'd best be very careful...

Hey Hawk, you follow any of that? I caught something about her shooting Lead Dispencer, I've seen him shoot, he's scary fast, if she can beat him to the draw we'd best be very careful...

Oh, no. I didn't beat him at anything. Are you kidding?

He was standing behind me when I shot my stage, along with the rest of the posse, but some of the lead splatter cut his lip and he bled a bit. I was told about it later. I was surprised and felt real bad about it, but he was very gentlemanly with "No problem." A real nice fellow; a great guy. Evidently it didn't amount to anything. And ever since, he, me and those who were there have joked about it. Truth is, I still feel bad about it, but I'm trying not to.

Still, that's where my Avatar came from.

Aunt Jen

Dang rat I am !!!

Any one dat can shoot Lead Dispencer and not have a mark on'em......

Best give her a way berth !! :D

Archived