SASS Wire Forum

BP Wild Bunch 1911 PF? Anyone Doing it regularly?

Howdy all,

1911 Power Factor and Black Powder. Anyone got the facts? I know the 1911 wasn't designed for BP, but I shoot it in all my other guns.

Thanks,

Sam :D

Hi Sam,

I do it occasionally, just for kicks and giggles. I usually use 777, which is a mite hotter. Don't know about the power factor, but it's good for kicks and giggles.

Choctaw's doing wonderful. Say hi to Katie for me :)

Hi Sam,

I do it occasionally, just for kicks and giggles. I usually use 777, which is a mite hotter. Don't know about the power factor, but it's good for kicks and giggles.

Choctaw's doing wonderful. Say hi to Katie for me :)

Mark,

Glad to hear it, We are expexting a litter in 2 months. Katie said hi right back to ya. Hope you and the family are all well.

Sam :D

I run a 260 grain 454190 bullet with about 15 grains of fffg. Chrono's at about 600fps in my 5" Colt.

Most new shooters to WB find they have a LOT to learn about loading cast bullet smokeless loads that will function, be relatively reliable and meet power factor. Trying to make PF with BP will make the job even harder. And jam up the gun at some point. Yes, it CAN be done. Does any competitive WB shooter try? Nope, no chance. Shooting BP in your rifle loads, though, is fun. Shooting BP in your 97 is just silly. 97s don't like to run even with smokeless :blink:

Good luck, GJ

(oh, and thanks for the cores!)

Ask Bill Carson, Tater's dad, if it'll work and if it's fun. That's all he shoots in WB! :lol::FlagAm:

Ask Bill Carson, Tater's dad, if it'll work and if it's fun. That's all he shoots in WB! :lol::FlagAm:

Shot the WB Match with him at the Midwest Classic. Four stages, about 65-70 pistol round count, don't recall seein him have any pistol issues, nor did I notice him doin any between stage cleanin(he may have, I didn't see it though). Didn't think to ask him if he was shootin real black or a sub, but it sure looked good! B)

Archived