SASS Wire Forum

Anyone made a tow behind guncart for a golf cart?

Howdy all,

Trying to get back to shooting and need to make a guncart to work with my new precident golfcart. Want to make it a tow behind to wheel cart. Anyone done this? :unsure:

Thanks,

Sam :D

Interesting idea, I'll give you a BTT and throw out a few ideas...

You might want to start with either

-- a towable lawn cart,

-- or a trailer built to tow behind a bicycle.

Might be able to find something cheap to start with on craiglist or yard sales.

Keep us posted!

Grizz

I had thought about one of the bicycle types and dress in Chinese clothes & pull it on the range. My only problem would be, what will hold the "tongue" down when you are not with it. I know, a cinder block.

Howdy all,

Trying to get back to shooting and need to make a guncart to work with my new precident golfcart. Want to make it a tow behind to wheel cart. Anyone done this? :unsure:

Thanks,

Sam :D

What are you using now?? You can get a Rugged Gear and put on a tow bar...That's what I use with my wheelchair or get a red wagon...I did that also...

Texas Lizard

Make ya a little two-wheeled "trailer" that would be like an ordinary vertical gun cart without the bottom box, just a "gun rack", and make the tongue with a "knee" so that when ya lay the cart down a nd have it hooked up to the golf cart, the tongue is like any trailer ya ever saw, but by pulling a pin to free the "knee" in the middle of the tongue to bend, the tongue folds down, allowing the cart to be handled like any upright gun cart ya ever saw. It'd just have a folded tongue down the middle of the "push bar" side. The tongue could be made out of lightweight 3/4" electrical conduit or 1" square, thin-walled steel tube. Ya ain't building the Empire State building, so no need for massive structure. The "hitch" end of the tongue need only be a plate with a 1/2" hole to accept a clevis pin, and the back end of yer golf cart would need a thick plate with a 1/2" hole also..... Think about how a landscape trailer or snowmobile trailer with a folding tongue that allows the trailer to tilt works. Miniaturize that and yer golden.

I would use pneumatic tires like a hand truck, and make the wheelbase maybe 30" wide so the thing would't wanna topple over on ya. Too narrow wouldn't work well. Also, yer hitch attachment needs to be down at the bumper, not up higher.

It has been my experience that any trailer pulled behind a cart or ATV gets everything covered in dust. There are several shooters around who have built gun racks in the back of golf carts and they work fine.

That's the best set up I've seen. Easy to figure a way to temporarily put them in the cart.

Well, just how much of a wood worker are ya. Some great ideas here. For the creme de le creme, see the one built behind the stage shown just above the hearing protection bit.

http://www.curtrich.com/GettingStarted09.html

All, I gotta say is I hope your range is bigger than any round these parts. You can barely get our normal carts out near the bays, let alone a golf cart, then have room to turn around with a trailer.

If you could find a baby jogging stroller, thke the front wheel off and use the hole that the wheel bolted into as a tow point it should pivot and tow very well. I used one as a gun cart until I bought a Rugged Gear cart.

I posted yesterday about the bicycle trailer & Chinese clothes. I just remembered that in North Carolina one of the shooters has a golf cart that they have mounted a platform on to carry the guns & other items. I sure uf you go to the North Carolina Cowboys sight someone will direct you to a picture of this cart.

It has been my experience that any trailer pulled behind a cart or ATV gets everything covered in dust. There are several shooters around who have built gun racks in the back of golf carts and they work fine.

That is what we did.

Took off the golf club thing. And made me a nice wood gun box and put in its place.

Works good. Guns are inclosed in the box. They stay dry and free of dust for the most part.

Have shelves for ammo and things on one side, and gun rack in the other side.

We don't use it much. Last time was in Nov.

May not use it again until this coming Nov at Comin At'Cha.

With the new travel trailer we got. Can not haul it anymore and pull camper.

So it is staying at home.

Howdy Sam,

My neighbor just built the gun toting stuff on his golf cart.

I have a little OT comment to go with Shenny's. There are shooters in my area who have a rickshaw gun cart. Most of the time it is in their yard holding potted plants. When they bring it to a match, they wear black pajamas and conical hats. They have a coffin cart. When they use it they wear black, she's the merry widow, and he's the undertaker. They also have a "snake oil" salesman's cart. Love their creativity, especially as it fits in CAS so well.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Here's what we did:

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb162/Oklahomabound_phota/100_1442.jpg

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb162/Oklahomabound_phota/100_1437.jpg

The space in front of the gun box is where we keep our ammo boxes, tool box, and snack box.

Here's what we did:

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb162/Oklahomabound_phota/100_1442.jpg

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb162/Oklahomabound_phota/100_1437.jpg

The space in front of the gun box is where we keep our ammo boxes, tool box, and snack box.

Wow! That is B)!

It reminds me of my sewing table. It looks like an entertainment center when the doors are closed. Open the doors and pull down the table. The other piece is my PC station.

Will you be bringing it to The...Rogue River next month? I'd love to see it in person.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Will you be bringing it to The...Rogue River next month? I'd love to see it in person.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Not this trip; howsomever, it you would come and shoot Ambush at Cavern Cove with us, it'll be there. We'll just be bring the towed (read Jeep Liberty) with us to Oregon and using our regular gun cart.

Okb

Archived