SASS Wire Forum

In the drop off line at school today

Rattlesnake Wrangler

I was in line at the school this morning dropping off Rattlesnake. I see all these mini vans with soccer stickers with thier kids names on them. I chuckled to myself and thought, "Damn their kids are out chasing a rubber ball and my kid is a damn gunfighter what the hell kinda sticker should I put on my Vette? LOL Your right..... NONE!!!!:D

Nothing against ball sports or anything it was just the stereotypical suburbia BS that got me laughing. The drastic contrast as Rattlesnakes worlds colide.:wacko:

Colt Faro

OOPs just realized Snake signed in on my Computer

Colt

I won't put any of those stickers on my cars for a couple of reasons. One, the kids change their minds every other season on what sport they like. And two, they are just too stinking hokey for me. My kids know I support them in their sports.

I have been tryin to get them shooting and have had mixed results so far. The most entusiastis is the youngest boy but he is still a little ways from being ready.

The ones that are pretty much ready (meaning have a firm grasp of the basics, have practiced and are safe and capable) can't get over the initial jitters of worrying about not being good or messing up. Just need to find a way to get them to give an actual match a try and I think they will realize (like I and so many others) to relax and enjoy it. Its a game and as fun as you make it.

Annual salary for a professional soccer player: $12,000,000.00 :D

Annual salary for a professional gun fighter: $ 0.00 :angry:

You are obviously going by reported income... How many gunfighters do you think tell how much they make? LMAO :D:lol:

A sport that you can enjoy and participate in with your kids, rather than just show up and watch the kid is priceless IMO. Wish I'd found CAS when my kids were young.

I won't put any of those stickers on my cars for a couple of reasons. One, the kids change their minds every other season on what sport they like. And two, they are just too stinking hokey for me. My kids know I support them in their sports.

I have been tryin to get them shooting and have had mixed results so far. The most entusiastis is the youngest boy but he is still a little ways from being ready.

The ones that are pretty much ready (meaning have a firm grasp of the basics, have practiced and are safe and capable) can't get over the initial jitters of worrying about not being good or messing up. Just need to find a way to get them to give an actual match a try and I think they will realize (like I and so many others) to relax and enjoy it. Its a game and as fun as you make it.

Don't push em. when they are ready they're ready. Once they step up there and do it they will show no fear. That's been my experience anyway. Hell I wish I could bottle that no fear of missing stuff that Rattlesnake must drink every morning before a shoot cause it sure seems to work! And he don't miss much.....

Colt

A sport that you can enjoy and participate in with your kids, rather than just show up and watch the kid is priceless IMO. Wish I'd found CAS when my kids were young.

AMEN Brother GRIZZ!!!!

Guest Kid Sopris, Regulator, #3290

I won't put any soccer stickers or any other sport sticker on my vehicles. I don't want my balls stolen by those profiling likely victims. :rolleyes:

This thread made me smile.

All 5 of our kids played soccer.

Magnolia Blossom was a star player until asthma made her stop playing.

What made me smile?

We had a big soccer ball and "Megan" on our SUV for years.

Y'all are absolutely right...

a sport that you can play with your kid is much better than just watching.

....even if she does beat me everytime.

Catie's (Ellie Mae Maverick) softball team had a cookie cake complete with a working toy-model of a lever action rifle on top for her after their game on Tuesday in honor of her Buckerette (albeit unopposed) win at Texas State. Kind of funny actually because most of her teammates (or coaches) don't "get it." The coaches are in the habit of giving each player a nickname. Because she was injured in both of the previous couple of seasons at one point or another, her nickname became "Doc." Now, it's "Doc Holliday." :)

But no, no softball stickers on any of our vehicles.....but there is a SASS sticker on my truck window. :rolleyes:

Chick

Catie's (Ellie Mae Maverick) softball team had a cookie cake complete with a working toy-model of a lever action rifle on top for her after their game on Tuesday in honor of her Buckerette (albeit unopposed) win at Texas State. Kind of funny actually because most of her teammates (or coaches) don't "get it." The coaches are in the habit of giving each player a nickname. Because she was injured in both of the previous couple of seasons at one point or another, her nickname became "Doc." Now, it's "Doc Holliday." :)

But no, no softball stickers on any of our vehicles.....but there is a SASS sticker on my truck window. :rolleyes:

Chick

That's really cool Chick!

Lotta folks drive their kids beyond the "fun" of sports... I know a few; kids now bagging groceries. Don't know about soccer, but the odds of makin' it in baseball are slim indeed!

Odds

A bumpersticker that says:

"My buckaroo can out shoot your soccer player with one one hand!" ;)

Just a thought...

CBA :)

Ha! :lol:

A bumpersticker that says:

"My buckaroo can out shoot your soccer player with one one hand!" ;)

Just a thought...

CBA :)

I love it!!

Wish I'd found CAS when I were young...

Well for most of us shooting is not about the money and I really dont care to chase around a rubber ball just my thoughts :D

Growin' up I never cared for stick and ball sports. Liked things with a little adrenaline...racin cycles, horses, or water skiing stuff. But something struck me the other day. This little town I live in used to have lots of vacant lot ball games, where the kids just got together and played ball without any help from adults. Can't remember the last time I saw it take place. The vacant lots are still there, but ball playin is done on fields with lights and parkin lots, coaches and umpires, and lots of adults. I wonder if something is missing?

Growin' up I never cared for stick and ball sports. Liked things with a little adrenaline...racin cycles, horses, or water skiing stuff. But something struck me the other day. This little town I live in used to have lots of vacant lot ball games, where the kids just got together and played ball without any help from adults. Can't remember the last time I saw it take place. The vacant lots are still there, but ball playin is done on fields with lights and parkin lots, coaches and umpires, and lots of adults. I wonder if something is missing?

A LOT is missing...in many, many places.

I remember those days. A kid could wander down to the park and get a pick up game going in no time.

Sometimes we'd have to use pieces of cardboard to make the bases, or if we couldn't find any just scratch a square in the dirt.

No fancy equipment - my mitt was a hand-me-down from my cousin, and he had gotten it in 1949 ... sometimes we'd have to chase a stray dog that stole the ball ... run like hell when a long homer went thru a window :lol: ... heading to the corner store for ice cream afterwards ... and best of all, no pushy adults. Just kids being kids.

Archived