SASS Wire Forum

Canadian River Regulators

To all my pards - both old and new,

Well, I finally shot my very 1st ever Texas Cowboy Action Shoot last Saturday. We drove out to Clarendon, Texas and met a fine bunch of Cowboys and Cowgals. These folks welcomed me and Lori like family!

The range setting was awesome, what with the trees and water and grass. The stages and facades were well thought out and pretty fast. The weather was perfect and I somehow managed to shoot my best match in quite awhile after a 7 month absence. Hell, even the lunch burger was quite good at the Bar H dining room! ;)

I've been shooting CAS for 7+ years now and have experienced many different ranges throughout the southwest USA and I have to honestly say that the Canadian River Regulators have one of the prettiest ranges by far! Y'all outta' give 'em a try very soon!

Now....I certainly miss my ole pards in Southern California and Nevada :( but am very happy to be making new friends here in Texas :D . A heartfelt thanks to these fine folks fer welcoming an old California shootist into their posse.

See ya'll in July cuz I can't make it back out there until then due to a California commitment in June with my daughter, Cherokee Child Sarah.

HH

:FlagAm:

Sorry I missed ya Hoss. I was loaded up and headed that way but had to turn around and limp back in to Pampa with car trouble.

Yep, all the Regulators with the possible exception of me are pards to ride the river with. And the mesquite grilled Bar H burger is the best I've had at any match anywhere.

You do know that we also shoot on the 3rd and 5th Saturday as well as the second Saturday. Alla y'all needin' to shoot tomorrow come on out. 5th Saturday match is a combined CAS/WB shoot. We are hoping some day to get enuff WB shooters to have a separate posse.

Then on the 4th Saturday come on out to Pampa.

Welcome aboard to the finest bunch of folks I ever was around. cya on down the trail.

Sorry I missed ya Hoss. I was loaded up and headed that way but had to turn around and limp back in to Pampa with car trouble.

Yep, all the Regulators with the possible exception of me are pards to ride the river with. And the mesquite grilled Bar H burger is the best I've had at any match anywhere.

You do know that we also shoot on the 3rd and 5th Saturday as well as the second Saturday. Alla y'all needin' to shoot tomorrow come on out. 5th Saturday match is a combined CAS/WB shoot. We are hoping some day to get enuff WB shooters to have a separate posse.

Then on the 4th Saturday come on out to Pampa.

Welcome aboard to the finest bunch of folks I ever was around. cya on down the trail.

Whut's the name of yer outfit in Pampa and where are ya eggzactly?

HH

:FlagAm:

Archived