SASS Wire Forum

FS Winchester 1897 maybe trade for SxS

Winchester 1897........

Palo Verde rebuild and action job---- the action is smooth as snot. This gun has either been re-blued or is in near mint condition as blue is, I would guess, 90% or better.

Barrel cut to 22 inches. Wood smooth with a checkered grip.

Does have some minor pitting in the barrel, but still shoots great.

About $800.00 invested, sell for $650 plus shipping to any of the lower 47. No shipping to California as I have no resource to do so.

Pictures available on request to Raceshots@aol.com

Please put 1897 in subject so I don't delete without opening the e-mail.

Any questions also drop me a line at Raceshots@aol.com

Thanks for looking-

Windy City Red

P.S. Might consider trade for 12 ga. SxS

Shipping a long gun to California is the same as shipping it to anywhere else, no special requirements.

Nice, I too am in California, Walker 47 is owned by a feller named Andy, he is a big time SASS guy and he can help you with California, if you want, just look him up and give him a call, great guy. He is in Anaheim, CA, has a website under Walker47 and you can email him there, if you prefer, it just seems like these guys would buy it, if they could get it, you would sell it to them, if you could get it to them, legally and safely, here is an option, Andy can either tell you whatever you want to know, as a SASS old timer to another, or handle the DROSS for you and whichever of these guys wants it.

SS,

I have a few SxS that I'd offer for trades;

1. Savage 311, 12ga in VG+ cond. 28" barrels, F/M chokes,opens fully.

2. Savage 311, 12 ga in VG cond, 20" barrels,cyl/cyl chokes,large bead, Kick-ease recoil pad.

3. Husqvarna 12ga, ?? Model, underlever to open, external hammers, good cond, 28" barrels with some light piting. Fluid steel barrels not Damascus. solid stock.

Let me know if any of these interest you, I'll get you some pics.

Later Pard, Doc

Archived