SASS Wire Forum

Wow! I just woke up

Noz

WOW, I need a contact number for that party in the Motel.

Ya won't need any number. When ya leave the range just roll yer window down and drive towards the sound of Katie Scarlett and Lady Fingers howlin' at the moon! That's the way we found our way back last year! :wacko:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep we snuck up on 'ya a day early...Gypsy & CTM shoot frontiersman, Cummo duellist & myself a 49er....is the Friday the earliest we can get into the range?

We are in rooms 109 & 111 at the Super 8...looking forward to meeting you all.

Any hints on some sight seeing would be appreciated.

Regards 'Painted Mohawk

Howdy Mohawk,

Glad you all made it safe and sound. Chauncey plans to be at the range pretty much every day this week starting about 10:00 am. Now, I have to warn you, he might put you to work on some finishing touches. Feel free to stop by and say hi. I won't be out there until Thursday. My "other" life is still in control, work.

Rowdy B.

Ya won't need any number. When ya leave the range just roll yer window down and drive towards the sound of Katie Scarlett and Lady Fingers howlin' at the moon! That's the way we found our way back last year! :wacko:

Hey Titus,

I'm going Whiskey shopping tonight......

RB

I saw Mohawk in the lobby of the Super 8 'bout an hour ago. Me and Hatfield are staying here too.

They say the range won't open 'til 8:00 a.m. Friday. I'd sure like ta' get in an' get set up before then. Shootin' and vending makes for a hectic day or four!! :lol:

Hey BD, glad ya made it up, guess the weldin went as planned on the trailer. Got a full week here at work since I skipped out Monday and will be at the range Friday, got ta squeeze 5 days worth in 3! Gimme a shout it ya need anything. BTW, I got a box o bullets and a pound of the smoky stuff of yourn what got left in Dunit's truck. I'll bring it to ya Friday. Oh, watch out for that bunch that's stayin at the Super 8 wit ya! That Katie Scarlett and Lady Fingers knows how ta have a good time! :P

I saw Mohawk in the lobby of the Super 8 'bout an hour ago. Me and Hatfield are staying here too.

They say the range won't open 'til 8:00 a.m. Friday. I'd sure like ta' get in an' get set up before then. Shootin' and vending makes for a hectic day or four!! :lol:

Howdy BD,

Chauncey will be out at the range everyday about 10. Like I mentioned in the reply to Mohawk, stop by and say hi.

RB

Hey Titus,

I'm going Whiskey shopping tonight......

RB

A man after my own heart! I got a (minus one sample snort) full bottle of Woodford Reserve :wub: , some Bulleit, Buffalo Trace and a bottle of Crown Royal. After our conversation at the range the other day, I did a quick search and all I found the WR in is 750ml. Don't know that it's bottled any larger.

P.S. Fannie talked to Hondo Sunday, everybody doin OK?

A man after my own heart! I got a (minus one sample snort) full bottle of Woodford Reserve :wub: , some Bulleit, Buffalo Trace and a bottle of Crown Royal. After our conversation at the range the other day, I did a quick search and all I found the WR in is 750ml. Don't know that it's bottled any larger.

P.S. Fannie talked to Hondo Sunday, everybody doin OK?

Thanks for asking. We are all fine and will be at the banquet.

I did the same search and got the same result. Mouth watering, that Woodford Reserve is. I will let instinct takeover once I hit the Whiskey isle. Who knows how many bottle I may end up with....

Sometimes I can't help myself....... one snort, two snorts, three snorts, four...

Yep we snuck up on 'ya a day early...Gypsy & CTM shoot frontiersman, Cummo duellist & myself a 49er....is the Friday the earliest we can get into the range?

Regards 'Painted Mohawk

Mohawk,

The Powder Creek pards are having work days today, tomorrow, and Thurs. You could probably get a sneak peak and introduce yourselves. Here's the schedule I got via email:

"Tuesday June 7 9:00 to 3:00

Tuesday will be a mow/trim day. If you have a weed eater we could sure use your help if you are available. Trimming around the targets is a must. Boot hill must get trimmed at some point during the week so if you see you have time and wish to come out at any other time please feel free to do so. No one needs to be present. If you are going to be there after 5:00 let someone up the hill know so they will dummy lock the gate.

Wednesday June 8 10:00 to 3:00

Thursday June 9 10:00 to 5:00

Thursday will be final set up, trimming as needed, parking prep, bales set, signs up, carts, trash cans, tables, grill, etc. Again another day we could sure use your help."

Lady fingers & I will be there on Thursday afternoon and will be in Rm 222.

Not really up on KC area; but, the Steamboat Arabia Museum in KC, MO is a great place to go. Or, you could run up to St Joseph to the Pony Express Museum.

Have Fun!! See y'all on Thurs

Fingers (Show Me MO Smoke) McGee

Howdy Mohawk,

If you like history, the National World War I Museum is great. It's a bit of a pain to get to but well worth the trip and admission price.

I'm looking forward to meeting y'all this weekend.

Shakey

Regards 'Painted Mohawk

Greetings Mohawk! The Liberty Memorial is a must see. It's the only museum in the country dedicated solely to WWI. About a 20-25 minute drive from where you are. Here's a link to their site and also a map link:

Liberty Memorial

Map

Mohawk,

The Powder Creek pards are having work days today, tomorrow, and Thurs. You could probably get a sneak peak and introduce yourselves. Here's the schedule I got via email:

"Tuesday June 7 9:00 to 3:00

Tuesday will be a mow/trim day. If you have a weed eater we could sure use your help if you are available. Trimming around the targets is a must. Boot hill must get trimmed at some point during the week so if you see you have time and wish to come out at any other time please feel free to do so. No one needs to be present. If you are going to be there after 5:00 let someone up the hill know so they will dummy lock the gate.

Wednesday June 8 10:00 to 3:00

Thursday June 9 10:00 to 5:00

Thursday will be final set up, trimming as needed, parking prep, bales set, signs up, carts, trash cans, tables, grill, etc. Again another day we could sure use your help."

Lady fingers & I will be there on Thursday afternoon and will be in Rm 222.

Not really up on KC area; but, the Steamboat Arabia Museum in KC, MO is a great place to go. Or, you could run up to St Joseph to the Pony Express Museum.

Have Fun!! See y'all on Thurs

Fingers (Show Me MO Smoke) McGee

News Update....

Thanks to lots of hard work, we are ahead of schedule and almost everything is done. A day of rest is in order for tomorrow, so no one will be down at the range until Thursday morning.

Rowdy

Hey Mohawk, I will bring two gun carts for you pards to use while you are in town. I had to pre-shoot, so I won't be using them, and they get lonely at home. I will try to look you guys up at the motel, it looks like I will be off work tomorrow.

Hondo

I will also have an extra gun cart at the range Friday if someone needs to use it.

Hondo, since you don't have to work, why don't you go to work for me and let me take the day off..........

RB

Howdy....I seem to have misplaced Chauncey Dewey's phone number & can't find 'Max Strain in the phone book..can someone help with a number.

Need to get our 'supplies so we can do some reloading..anyone have an idea as to how many shooters have registered ?

We will be out Thursday to say hi & have a peek.

Thanks for the offers of gun carts.

Had a look at Cabella's today & will see what else we can go look at before the shoot.

Sounds like quite a few will be staying at the super 8...

Catch 'ya all soon...Mohawk

Hey, Mohawk, the Kansas City Royals play the Toronto Blue Jays Thursday afternoon. Go blow some money on the cheap seats, hot dogs, nachos, and beer!!

Seriously, Kaufman Stadium is one of the best baseball stadiums in America. Have fun!!

Wow its 10:30 am and no one is talking yet. You must of all got together and tied on a big one last night. Its starting to look like a lot of rain this weekend. But the temp are looking good. I'm getting excited. For what I have no idea. I just hope I can get at least 75% of my caps to go off and I will fill like I'm doing good.

Deacon Stone

BR-549

JUST TOOK ME UNTIL TODAY TO FIGURE THAT OUT. ONE OF THOSE DEALS WHERE IT RATTLED AROUND UNTIL THE ANSWER FELL OUT.

And Dave-Good article in the Chronicle!!!

BR-549

JUST TOOK ME UNTIL TODAY TO FIGURE THAT OUT. ONE OF THOSE DEALS WHERE IT RATTLED AROUND UNTIL THE ANSWER FELL OUT.

And Dave-Good article in the Chronicle!!!

I searched the world over and I thought I found true love. You made another and ^&%&* she was gone...........

Close?

I searched the world over and I thought I found true love. You made another and ^&%&* she was gone...........

Close?

Junior Sample's used car lot telephone number.

BR-549

I was wondering what that noise was I kept hearing.

That's funny. I did the same thing. Kept saying it, thinking I know this from somewhere....

RB

CRS acting up again???

Fingers (Gonna load the wagon & head out after lunch) McGee

PS - Deacon, I'm sure you will have much better than a 75% bang rate. Lastest weather channel forecast says high in the low 90s with 0 to 10% chance of precipitation for Fri, Sat & Sun.

We are now ensconced in the beautimous Lenexa Super 8 getting ready to meander down the road for some sustinance in preparation of tomorrows festivities

Fingers (Why say it with 5 words when you can use 25) McGee

Lady Fingers & I are having fun!! We went to see the moon and got to laughing so hard we forgot to look. The Super 8 desk Ladies love us. They even get in on our visits. Fannie it is just not the same without your class.

Archived