SASS Wire Forum

Wow! I just woke up

Noz

That's not fair.

I am having to go up there cold.

Have not been able to shoot in I believe 3 weeks now.

And won't be able to until I show up there.

So you all take it easy on us poor ole Texans.

I can't speak for others; but, I promise to go easy on you Al. And, there won't be any star targets, so you shouldn't have too much of a problem anyhow. :lol:

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't speak for others; but, I promise to go easy on you Al. And, there won't be any star targets, so you shouldn't have too much of a problem anyhow. :lol:

Star Targets :o Now you went and done gave me nightmares. :unsure:

It's not the star that gets me. It's ALL them HOLES AROUND IT. :wacko::blink:

IF we changed it to who ever can shoot through the holes.

And NOT hit any of the target.

I would be World Champ. :rolleyes:

Cause if there is a hole in a target.

I can find it. :huh:

I know of the targets of which you speak.

I shot them on a monthly match and had four misses with one pistol, all of which went through the holes.

I'll bet you loved the 'don't mess with Texas' stage at CaC last year then! I was amazed how many people missed the hole in the target!

I shot them on a monthly match and had four misses with one pistol, all of which went through the holes.

Sounds mighty suspicious to me.

I had witnesses!!

We don't have a Texas star yet, but a buffalo swinger has been added since last year that some of you might not have seen. He's a big one, but surprisingly agile sometimes. Or so I delude myself when I miss!

We're not talking Texas Star Slim. They're easy - as are swingers. These are 20x20 plates with a star cut out - 5 nice pie shaped holes - that seem to draw lead through them. Even my laser guided BP bullets seem to be drawn to the non-steel portion of the targets. They are diabolical. It's a wonder my alter ego didn' think them up.

We're not talking Texas Star Slim. They're easy - as are swingers. These are 20x20 plates with a star cut out - 5 nice pie shaped holes - that seem to draw lead through them. Even my laser guided BP bullets seem to be drawn to the non-steel portion of the targets. They are diabolical. It's a wonder my alter ego didn' think them up.

I have not had a chance to measure the bloody things, but I'd bet the holes are at least 20% of the target area, so you gotta figure one miss per cylinder full if you are not taking a refined sight picture...

I agree, they are truly diabolical. Even when you are not having mechanical difficulties!

Whoa, sounds like a real conundrum! If you try to hit the holes, you hit steel and if you try to hit steel, you hit the hole?

I and a few other shooter 3 yrs ago at the Missouri State I believe would have had clean matchs if it wasn't for those damn stars. I was happy two years ago to see Missouri State got read of them. Of all targets I've shot in this sport I truley believe they are the ones I hate the most. I don't even mind the Texas Star. And J-Bar,Noz I did clear the star 3 weeks ago with the Ruger Old Army. I got lucky and all my caps went off that time. But I new I could do it I watched J-Bar a couple years ago do it.

Deacon Stone

Whoa, sounds like a real conundrum! If you try to hit the holes, you hit steel and if you try to hit steel, you hit the hole?

Well. That sure seemed to be my problem when I went by to shoot at the SMR about a year or so ago.

Kept shooting at um. Thinking that them targets must be dead sounding targets. Because I did not hear

any dings when I was a shoot'n at um.

Found out when I got done. That it was because I seemed to be able to find all the holes. :wacko:

But it was fun anyway.

Then a big storm hit and we all scattered out of there. Think it saved me from embarrassing myself any farther. :blink::wacko:

Like this? :)

Black Hole

Pretty darn close.

Yep & us 4 Aussies can't wait, 2 more sleeps & we're on the big bird...get a hire car at Denver then drive to KS, arrive Lenexa Tues June 7th...just look for the guys with the big grins !!

See 'ya soon..regards 'Painted Mohawk

Me and Lorrie will be at the Cottonwoods RV Park evening of the 9th. We'll be looking for company for supper somewhere that night.

Me and Lorrie will be at the Cottonwoods RV Park evening of the 9th. We'll be looking for company for supper somewhere that night.

We will be pulling into Cottonwood on the 9th also. But not sure about dinner.

After getting up early and driving 9-10 hours. Getting set up. The wife may just

want to crash for the night. So will have to play that one by ear.

I guess you know about the MC Rally happening at the Cottonwood that weekend also.

She warned us about it when we called to book our spot.

But told her it would not be a problem for us.

Hi Mohawk

I just wanted to say hi and if there is anything I can help you with or you need some directions let me know. I would be more then happy to help. Even if you need to borrow a gun or somthing, anything, Just let me know happy to help.

Deacon Stone

Thanks Deacon...appreciate the offer....we will be staying at the Super 8 Hotel in Lenexa..look forward to meeting.

Another 6 hours & we head to the airport...

Thanks Deacon...appreciate the offer....we will be staying at the Super 8 Hotel in Lenexa..look forward to meeting.

Another 6 hours & we head to the airport...

G'day Mohawk...

I'm looking forward to meeting you and the other Aussies!

Who is coming with you??

G'day Mohawk...

I'm looking forward to meeting you and the other Aussies!

Who is coming with you??

And are any of them shooting Frontiersman?

Fingers (wondering who the other four are) McGee

NOZ! :D

Yes Fingers. There will be two of them Aussies shooting Frontersman. But were okay. They will be north of the equator and there bullets will be spinning backwards. And Noz will be bring the fire water. They don't have a chance against you and J-Bar.

Deacon Stone

:unsure: Whew!! That's a relief. I think they're stayin in the same motel as we (Doc Hurd, Katie Scarlet, Dainty Dasy and Curley Duke, Lady Fingers & I) are. May have to lay in some refreshments ourselves.

...They don't have a chance against you and J-Bar.

Deacon Stone

Methinks we are being sandbagged...

Seems purty suspicious!!!!!

Speaking of Purty, I loaded an essential piece of equipment for the POP. My braids are in the truck! :rolleyes:

Anvil,

You can practice all the way here. You know how to pretend don't you. Shoot all out of state license plates(using whatever state you are in as "in state"). We all know you will shoot well.

See everyone Friday morning. :rolleyes:

Fingers, thought I better update you on refreshment supply(s). Not only will you, Lady Fingers, Curley Duke, Dainty Dasy, Doc Hurd and I be at Super 8 with Aussie's. Add: MO Prairie Dog, Coyte Kate, Sassie Starhurst, Cole Starhurst, and Col. Moore. It might be very interesting at our Motel. No repeats of New Year's Eve, Titus won't be there to get the party rollin. I know Lady Fingers and I will miss Fannie Kicker's classes. We still have not taken our test to see how much we learned!

WOW, I need a contact number for that party in the Motel.

WOW, I need a contact number for that party in the Motel.

BR 549

Weatherman says: High 60s to low 80s, chance of isolated Thunderstorm. May have a good weekend! :rolleyes:

You all have fun and take plenty of pictures and videos, if they're not quite ready for the internet, just email them to me, I'll make sure they leak...er, don't leak out.

Grizz

I saw Mohawk in the lobby of the Super 8 'bout an hour ago. Me and Hatfield are staying here too.

They say the range won't open 'til 8:00 a.m. Friday. I'd sure like ta' get in an' get set up before then. Shootin' and vending makes for a hectic day or four!! :lol:

I saw Mohawk in the lobby of the Super 8 'bout an hour ago. Me and Hatfield are staying here too.

They say the range won't open 'til 8:00 a.m. Friday. I'd sure like ta' get in an' get set up before then. Shootin' and vending makes for a hectic day or four!! :lol:

BD, Web page & the registration confirmation I got says gates open at 7 on Fri, Sat & Sun. Every extra hour helps???

Who besides Mohawk is here from down under?

Yep we snuck up on 'ya a day early...Gypsy & CTM shoot frontiersman, Cummo duellist & myself a 49er....is the Friday the earliest we can get into the range?

We are in rooms 109 & 111 at the Super 8...looking forward to meeting you all.

Any hints on some sight seeing would be appreciated.

Regards 'Painted Mohawk

Archived