SASS Wire Forum

What Are Your Plans After The End?

Badlands Beady

Well, at least some of the congestion. The way I understand it the rest of the people will then have to deal with suddenly driverless cars. And planes :lol:

Just hunker down for about an hour. :lol:

Course I suspect that about 85% of the people who think they're headin up ....................... ain't. ;)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, at least some of the congestion. The way I understand it the rest of the people will then have to deal with suddenly driverless cars. And planes :lol:

No sweat. Been dealing with driverless cars around these parts for years!

Olen ;)

I was so dissapointed with the Y2K thing :angry:

What a pain in the butt that was. Me and all the other district commanders had to be sitting in our offices at midnight to be on a conference call with headquarters to report that the power was still on, the computers worked and there were no roving bands of brigands bent on destroying civilization.

Worst New Years Eve ever! :angry: :angry:

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

I'm really worried... dam!

Just had removed the duct tape off my old 4-runner's plastic bumper corner... and don't know if my slow-settin' epoxy will have taken a "set" by Saturday.

ts

You CAN'T tell me that at LEAST 90%... of you guys won't be hunkered down in the den with a long gun checking your watch... :lol:

For those who haven't been paying attention, Doomsday occurs at 6 PM local time, this Saturday. I'm not kidding; check out CNN.

I'm a little conflicted, 'cause our first shoot of the season isn't until next weekend, and I don't know if I should ask for my registration to be refunded.

How 'bout the rest of you? How does this affect your plans?

Yes I wuz just this morning brousing a magazine and see an article about the end is the 21st. Ok . . Don't have to worry about whut I'm to do next week. Just kick back and enjoy these last few days ...... :)

I'ma going to chase the wife all around the neighborhood for starters! :wub::rolleyes::wacko::blink::blush:

Happy trails

Quick Draw Grandpaw

I will be looking forward to the excuse for why it didn't happen, just like it didn't happen on the last date this loony (Harold Camping) predicted the end of the world back in 1994. His excuse for that one is that he hadn't used all the books in the Bible when calculating the correct date (I guess he just sort of sampled it?). What amazes me is that his followers still believe in him. I guess Barnum was right, there is a sucker born every minute.

Now 2012, that's the REAL end of the world. Just ask the T-shirt guy who sells the shirt that says "Palin 2012...How did the Mayans know?" :lol:

I will be looking forward to the excuse for why it didn't happen, just like it didn't happen on the last date this loony (Harold Camping) predicted the end of the world back in 1994. His excuse for that one is that he hadn't used all the books in the Bible when calculating the correct date (I guess he just sort of sampled it?). What amazes me is that his followers still believe in him. I guess Barnum was right, there is a sucker born every minute.

Now 2012, that's the REAL end of the world. Just ask the T-shirt guy who sells the shirt that says "Palin 2012...How did the Mayans know?" :lol:

:lol: :lol:

wait a second. the mayan thing, since they did not use the Gregorian calander, like we do, actually happened a little over 2 years ago. so we all been dead for awhile, didn't you all get the memo?

hud (does that make us all zombies?)

Zombies? Lordy, I hope not.

Well, let me see here... I reckon I can wave goodbye to the wife (good woman that she is) and to at least three of the children (no hope for the other three). I figure the roads will still be as congested as always, cause none of them... uh, commuters that drive the same time I do will be going anywhere. I'll have to go to work on Monday cause God knows my boss ain't going. Then I guess I've got five months to use up the ammo I've stockpiled for this shooting season. I guess zombies make good targets.

It's a long commute to Florida but I wanna be on your friend list!

I've got keys to the shop.....and .there's a WHOLE lot of class 3 items and tons of ammo.....anybody what ta be my friend?

Wyatt

Guest EL NEGRO GATO #8178

HOLY SH-- I'M WORKING UNTIL 7PM ON SATURDAY

SEE YOU IN THE HEREAFTER

ENG :FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

P.S. THEY BETTER HAVE COWBOY SHOOTING THERE LOL

For those who haven't been paying attention, Doomsday occurs at 6 PM local time, this Saturday. I'm not kidding; check out CNN.

I'm a little conflicted, 'cause our first shoot of the season isn't until next weekend, and I don't know if I should ask for my registration to be refunded.

How 'bout the rest of you? How does this affect your plans?

Well I can tell you Beady that Doc,Gun E, myself and Smokey,the dog not the shooter,oh and Calahan the dog not Dirty Harry will be up at the range setting it up for the Mayhem.

We are sold out this year,should be a heck of a good time,we will see if any of us show up for it. Adios Sgt. Jake

Oh, craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap!

I'll never get the cosmoline off the Mosins by then!

I should be sitting around with my Cowboy Friends at a shoot,done the first day of a two day CAS match...

Wanting to finish da shoot da next day and enjoying a cool one ...

The Lord said "No one Knows the Time" of my return ,,,,, Good enough fer me ...

But when He returns ,,,,,, I am ready !!!

Jabez Cowboy

Well if they are right, I'll be sitting around the campfire in Heaven with Jesus on one side, and Gene, Roy and Mr. Wayne on the other! ;)

BSD

At 6:00 PM this Saturday I will be attending my niece's wedding in Omaha. Big party, my entire family will be in one place at one time. I guess that is a fitting way for us to go.

Whose wife?:lol: :lol:

Not tellin til it's all over! :rolleyes:

The town I live in is so backward that it will be at least 3 years before the rapture gets to me and I love it that way. And if I have to wait for my wife to get ready that will get me another years grace

I am personally going to get together with Mark Twain, Richard Sir Francis Burton, "Karamojo" Bell and Mae West to go hunt for the source of the White Nile...I will wear my "Gus" hat no matter what anyone says...later, we'll have cookies...

Wolf "I'M READY!" Bane

SASS13557

We discussed this at work today. One comforting thought was that given the attitudes and behavior of contemporary professional athletes, a Rapture of the Righteous is unlikely to seriously affect either the baseball season or the basketball play-offs. Cowboy Shooting, on the other hand, could suffer from a serious vacancy rate....

At 1800 local, I will hopefully be home, having just come back from Armed Forces Day at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, having set up a display with my Desert Storm historical group for the 20th anniversary of that conflict, with a large “timeline” living history camp with all eras represented.

I swear, I will never get over how people can find others to follow them no matter how insane their ideas are, once a bible gets pulled out. I’m not talking about religion in general, I mean the fringe people who say they alone can interpret the word, when the bible specifically states (more than once) that no man would know the day and that it will come as a big surprise to everyone. And the rapture will respect time zones (that didn’t even exist until modern times)? You have to be an Olympic class of mindless drone to fall in line with this nut case. I feel bad for the families of these loonies once they realized they threw everything away for nothing. These are the kinds of people who drank the kool-aid at Jonestown and flew the planes on 9/11. People can’t use religion to make others do ridiculous things unless there are people waiting for someone to snooker them.

I’m not religious at all but respect others’ beliefs. But I don’t have respect for brainless stupidity.

Archived