SASS Wire Forum

Need help on a poll

You want to go into a bar with drunks that have guns?I dont go to bars.I have been in a bar while I was carrying to pick up a friend.I would not want to drink in a bar if I drank with a bunch of drinkers with guns.In Texas you cant carry in a place that make over 50% of their income from beer or any other drink.I think it is over 50%.

You want to go into a bar with drunks that have guns?I dont go to bars.I have been in a bar while I was carrying to pick up a friend.I would not want to drink in a bar if I drank with a bunch of drinkers with guns.In Texas you cant carry in a place that make over 50% of their income from beer or any other drink.I think it is over 50%.

The change in the law would allow anyone with a valid CCW permit to carry in a place that serves alcohol as long as they're not drinking. I'm so tired of hearing people claim that this law allows anyone to get drunk and carry a gun. It doesn't. The people you have to worry about carrying guns are already doing it illegally.

The change in the law would allow anyone with a valid CCW permit to carry in a place that serves alcohol as long as they're not drinking. I'm so tired of hearing people claim that this law allows anyone to get drunk and carry a gun. It doesn't. The people you have to worry about carrying guns are already doing it illegally.

We've got that here in Az. It allows me to carry into a restaurant that serves alcohol, as long as I'm not imbibing. Have your steak and still be able to protect oneself.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

+1

I've done it for years... legal or not. Ain't gonna change now.

Can certainly understand the opposition. One thing's fer sure... ever time I've EVER been involved in or around gun violence.... there was alcohol involved. But I still carry... 'cause I'm too lazy to run... too old to fight. Places I frequent... most everbody's dangerous... and everbody carries. But I feel safe.... and the cops all know 'bout it.

It'd be a whole lot different... if in the places I go... if EVER-DAM-BODY was unarmed. But the crooks are gonna carry... and so do I.

ts

Depending on the neighborhood, there are already lots of people carrying guns in bars as we speak. And some are drunk.

In the states that now allow carry in bars there have been no Tombstone style shootouts. Just like there was no rise in "gun violence" when CCWs were approved much to the dismay of the anti-gunners. <_<

It passed in Tennessee a couple of years ago and the paper claimed it was going to be like the Wild West. Guess what, it hasn't been a problem. It just legalized what was happening anway. People with CCW permits had their guns with them anyway and weren't causing a problem. There were many naive people that thought the bad guys never "carried" in bars because it was illegal.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

It passed in Tennessee a couple of years ago and the paper claimed it was going to be like the Wild West. Guess what, it hasn't been a problem. It just legalized what was happening anway. People with CCW permits had their guns with them anyway and weren't causing a problem. There were many naive people that thought the bad guys never "carried" in bars because it was illegal.

Mongo...

Didn't know they passed that law in TN... learn somethin' new everday. Never did really pay attention to the gun laws... but I got my carry permit early on.... and it's good to know I'm legal for onest... somewhere in this great country of ours.

ts

Archived