SASS Wire Forum

Yah Don't Forget Your First Time

Deschutes Drifter

Just got to send out a quick Yipeee! After my first shoot. Man that was a good time. Now I need to fill out my kit. It was like momma always warned me. The first one was free now Im gonna have to pay.....still lookin for pistols and rifle btw.....

congrats on your first shoot.

I remember the first match I went to and shot a little at, and remember my first full match well. Since then it's mostly a blur of gunpowder and smoke.

Hang on and enjoy the ride.

Grizz

congrats on your first shoot.

I remember the first match I went to and shot a little at, and remember my first full match well. Since then it's mostly a blur of gunpowder and smoke.

Hang on and enjoy the ride.

Grizz

Grizz said a lot in a little bit of space :blink:

Ditto :blush:

Rance <_<

2002 after retirement and moving to Bakersfield.

That ain't the "first time" I thought you was talkin' about, Des. :D

Yes, well I'm still a young feller but old enough to have forgot about that other first time, 14 years of marriage wiped my memory clean. Shootin with a bunch of old timers is about as much excitement as I can handle....

It was cold, it was dark & you was alone! That the time you were remembering Forty? :lol:

y'all have a vivid 'maginashun :P if he remembers---he ain't sayin' :ph34r:

don't tell 'em 40R :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

To add to my list of first times, I just cracked open my Stoeger SxS and loosened her up a bit. Installed the Lee Spring and put the grinder to the pin to disable the automatic safety. I'd say her defenses are down now and she's ready to go. It was a lot of rough treatment but in the end I think we were both satisfied with the results. A big thanks to Dakota Doc Martin and his fine website for helpin me get the job done.

Your still looking for pistols and rifles??? You'll be looking for those for a long time cuz you never have enough back ups. OH, they didn't tell you 'bout the back ups?? Ya gots ta git main match guns,then back ups.

Then you gotta get a pocket pistol, a derringer, a long range rifle smokeless,(38-55) long range rifle blackpowder,(45-70) both in single shot. Then long range rifle lever action,(30-30) Long range rifle pistol caliber. Then you gotta git Cap and Ball guns for Plainsman with back ups(in case ya need them)

Are you getting the idea yet? How about a gun cart, canteen, umbrella, moccasins for after the shoot.

Now the heavy duty truck and camper or a truck with a trailer or 5th wheel. See where this is going?

Don't forget the new gun safe to keep all the new guns in. Welcome to the real world of Cowboy Action Shooting. Don't ask me how I know all of this. Just sayin'

Big Jake 1001

Go Rugers for your main guns. I did and have never been sorry. And only have one pair of back up pistols, no camper as yet still working on the back up rifle. Smithy.

I remember both 1st times. Had to pretend that I knew what I was doing in both instances........one was plausable, the other wasn't and I ain't telling which! :blush::ph34r:

I've got two Rugers waiting for me (California is keeping me safe). I think my Rossi 92 arrived today. I did get a bigger safe. And I thought owning a boat was bad...at least these shootin irons should hold their value.....so hopefully I'm done with the guns for at least a couple months. Although my shotgun is hammerless so if I want to shoot classic I think I'll need a different one or just borrow....not to mention the reloading equipment, yet another first, I have about sixty rounds to test out when my cool down period is finished. Hopefully they will go boom.

Archived