SASS Wire Forum

The Horse Whisperer

Aunt Jen

I must say, I just saw "The Horse Whisperer" again and cherished it so.

I don't know what I thinking of when I saw it the first time. I was probably paying too much attention to my popcorn or something. But this time, I was captivated by it. I thought Robert Redford in that role was one of my 10 most favorites. His role was gifted, without Hollywood blarney in it. Watching his tenderness, without a spoken word, with that horse, knowing it didn't want to hurt, was touching.

Just sharing.

Aunt Jen

If you like that movie... check out this documentry coming out called "BUCK" it is about Buck Brannaman. Who if I remember right was a big influence for the movie "the Horse Whisper". The trailer is available online...

Guest Paniolo Cowboy SASS #75875

I must say, I just saw "The Horse Whisperer" again and cherished it so.

I don't know what I thinking of when I saw it the first time. I was probably paying too much attention to my popcorn or something. But this time, I was captivated by it. I thought Robert Redford in that role was one of my 10 most favorites. His role was gifted, without Hollywood blarney in it. Watching his tenderness, without a spoken word, with that horse, knowing it didn't want to hurt, was touching.

Just sharing.

Aunt Jen

The movie was good.

For me, I just had a hard time with that whole thing about tying a horse's leg up, and then have a kid get on the horse.

Then wah-lah everything's fine!

It's just Hollywood!

Archived