SASS Wire Forum

Price Check Please on

Outlaw Gambler

What is the value of used 12 gauge brass hulls. There are two brands I am looking at and they are used. Here is what they are.

One group has fired primers in them and for the most part are clean with some minor discoloration and tarnish. Headstamp reads Winchester No 12. Length 2 9/16 inches.

Other group has been deprimed and are very clean and almost shiney on the inside and quite possibly unfired. Headstamp on these reads Rem-UMC Best No 12 and come in a like new box with the Remington, Kleanbore, and Dupont names and logos. Also the box states the length as 2 9/16 inches.

Any help will be appreciated.

The problem with used brass hull is that they have been fired from another gun and may not fit your chambers without being re-sized due to the chambers being slightly different. Resizing full length brass can be problematic.

That's why I only buy new shells.

Now that interesting... I have Rem-UMC shells I purchase a long time ago for about $1 each. I think they may have some collector value. Not sure about the Winchester shells. Last time I looked about 2 years ago, brand new Magtech shells were selling for 50 cents each from places like Midway.

If you are a collector, maybe they have value, if you are shooting them in CAS, well, the price of new places downward pressure on the value.

As for resizing... I ended up buying a resizing die set for my hulls. A costly thing to do, but I was happy with the results... oh yeah, I sized each one once, and then never more.

Archived