SASS Wire Forum

TEXAS state Champion

Hells Comin

Congulations on your Texas State Championship win

Goatneck

Thanks Colt, congrats to you and the Rattler as well! Soooooooooo have you started working on a new shotgun belt yet???? It was good to see you again...

See you at EOT...

Not yet but if I decide to shoot a 97 I might. You do some nice work my friend!

Yep, T Dan did some fine duelist shooting at Tx State, Congratulations. Hey, Redneck you did some excellent shooting yourself, see ya at EOT. bb

Colt I have a different design for doubles. PM me about the details. Maybe I could be talked into making you a pattern???? But no stingray on the S/G belts he he he he he...

Sent u a PM. I'd live to have a pattern of that my friend!

Yep, T Dan did some fine duelist shooting at Tx State, Congratulations. Hey, Redneck you did some excellent shooting yourself, see ya at EOT. bb

Mr. Billy it was good to see you again. Yup between Dad and Hells Comin I was made an offer I couldan't refuse. The only catch is I have to stop playing with the Glock, AR and Super X until after EOT... So curious minds wan't to know how many chamionships have you won???? I'm guessing about 20 or more, let us know.

Best,

Redneck

Yep Redneck, you better leave them other toys alone for about four weeks. We can probably also be safe in not spending to much time practicing revolver reloads too. ha.

As for my championship category wins, your number is a good start. I did not do to shabby back when I just shoot regular duelist then in 2004 I turned to FCD which seemed to fit my cadence even better helping me manage a ride in the "upper crust" of a category more often. After 2005 I started shooting in SD some, mostly as a monthly match category. For now though FCD seems to be the real pleasure for the big shoots although it is a open age class (I'll soon be 66). Sometimes it works for me and sometimes it does not, you know how that goes.

See ya soon.

bb

Thanks Colt. Ya know I like to make note of how I do versus others in overall scoring, whether two-handed, smokeless or BP, just overall performance. Well, this match just like a bunch others, me, T. Dan, and over two hundred other shooters get whompped by THE SNAKE.............dern kid. ha.

Thanks Colt. Ya know I like to make note of how I do versus others in overall scoring, whether two-handed, smokeless or BP, just overall performance. Well, this match just like a bunch others, me, T. Dan, and over two hundred other shooters get whompped by THE SNAKE.............dern kid. ha.

I hear ya brother! I do my best to keep up with him! Oh well at least he still let's me carry his guns. Lol.

Thanks for all the flowers guys and gals it was as hoot and I felt fortunate to have won, Texas Paladin was really close all the way. Good shooting Paladin.

Congraduations to all our good pards that shot at the 2011 Texas State Match especially to the class winners, I'd list them but I'm sure I'd leave someone out.

A really big thanks to Az Redneck for coming from Arizona to shoot with dear old dad (not to heavy on the old now).

He shot well with a class win and 2nd overall.

Looking forward to EOT now.

TWD

Thanks for all the flowers guys and gals it was as hoot and I felt fortunate to have won, Texas Paladin was really close all the way. Good shooting Paladin.

Congraduations to all our good pards that shot at the 2011 Texas State Match especially to the class winners, I'd list them but I'm sure I'd leave someone out.

A really big thanks to Az Redneck for coming from Arizona to shoot with dear old dad (not to heavy on the old now).

He shot well with a class win and 2nd overall.

Looking forward to EOT now.

TWD

So how does an Out of State Shoter get to be a State Champion in his Class??????? The first place State winner did not win the State Champ in this class. Most State Shoots the first place winner can be the Class winner but not the State Champ in that Class unless he lives in that State. The first State Residence winner in that class goes to the State winner. Been there done that.

Wyandot

So how does an Out of State Shooter get to be a State Champion in his Class??????? The first place State winner did not win the State Champ in this class. Most State Shoots the first place winner can be the Class winner but not the State Champ in that Class unless he lives in that State. The first State Residence winner in that class goes to the State winner. Been there done that.

Wyandot

Wyandot, I believe there was a category winner and a state champion trophy for those categorys where a non-resident had the best TT of that given category. I believe there were two or three of such. Glad to have out-of-state shooters enjoy our state championships. Sometimes us Texans up in this NE corner get the option to give OK, AR, & LA a try with fairly short travel times if their championships are near our border. For us a trip to OKC, Hot Springs, or Monroe is closer than many matches in the great state of Texas.

Wyandot, I believe there was a category winner and a state champion trophy for those categorys where a non-resident had the best TT of that given category. I believe there were two or three of such. Glad to have out-of-state shooters enjoy our state championships. Sometimes us Texans up in this NE corner get the option to give OK, AR, & LA a try with fairly short travel times if their championships are near our border. For us a trip to OKC, Hot Springs, or Monroe is closer than many matches in the great state of Texas.

Billy,

I don't think so. Bear Guns was the second in that class but was not the State Champ. If I remember correctly.

Good talking to ya.

Wyandot

Billy,

I don't think so. Bear Guns was the second in that class but was not the State Champ. If I remember correctly.

Good talking to ya.

Wyandot

AZ Redneck won the class and the plaque...Bear Gunz is the State Champion and entitled to carry the title on whatever buckle he decides to purchase.

:FlagAm:

PS: It was an enjoyable match...just so ya know that I'm not always badmouthing.

AZ Redneck won the class and the plaque...Bear Gunz is the State Champion and entitled to carry the title on whatever buckle he decides to purchase.

:FlagAm:

PS: It was an enjoyable match...just so ya know that I'm not always badmouthing.

Sorry, My mistake. I thought they gave out a plaque for First place and one for the State Champion. That was the way it was done at a couple of State Matches I was at.

My apologies

Wyandot

Archived