SASS Wire Forum

Canted Holster violates 170-degree rule?

Harmonious

Thanks Marauder, Slow Hand, and Pale Wolf!

I'll check out the videos Marauder. You know I'm a wanna be gamer and lookin to get fast, so thanks. ^_^

Slowhand, how bout those matches? Ya'll have so many clubs in NC and SC it's hard to figure out who is shooting when, particularly with your big match that weekend. ;)

PWB, I can see why you're viewed as the last word on rules. Ya gotta photographic memory or what? :huh: While I have your attention, can I take the RO I class before I reach six months experience, then get certified later, or do I need the six months first, then the class?

Attn: Hipshot, SASS #7

SINGLE ACTION SHOOTING SOCIETY

215 Cowboy Way

Edgewood, New Mexico 87015

<_<

+2 for the Ghosts. Good response PWB :D;):wacko::blush:

While I have your attention, can I take the RO I class before I reach six months experience, then get certified later, or do I need the six months first, then the class?

I'm certainly not PaleWolf, but you can take the RO-I class at any time. The RO-II class requires the 6-months experience. I recommend RO-I for ALL shooters, and an occasional (every year, maybe every other year) refresher for everyone.

PWB, I can see why you're viewed as the last word on rules. Ya gotta photographic memory or what? :huh: While I have your attention, can I take the RO I class before I reach six months experience, then get certified later, or do I need the six months first, then the class?

Yer very welcome! ;)

Checotah is absolutely correct on this:

I'm certainly not PaleWolf, but you can take the RO-I class at any time. The RO-II class requires the 6-months experience. I recommend RO-I for ALL shooters, and an occasional (every year, maybe every other year) refresher for everyone.

The RO1 is the Range Operations Basic Safety Course (NOT "Range Officer" certification, as many seem to believe)

...at one time, the Territorial Governors had discussed making it mandatory for participation in SASS-sanctioned competition.

Rgds,

PWB

Deuce with Speed Pistol:

Or go to the SASS Members page,

Then the shooting hints.

Look on the second page to see Long Hunter drawing pistols

Sure wish Deuce would learn to speed up a little.

About dozed off in between pistols. :huh:

Though they may not set the overall records, it is the Gunfighters that actually look the coolest. I hope that one day we will see one do it wide open with some really smokey pistols on camera. Wonder if Lassiter owns a pair of 1851s?

From the distance past, I remember that the Duke wore his pistol on his hip to the rear, and did what then was called the FBI draw. This draw would definitely point the muzzle up range as the gun was drawn while crouched leaning forward.

Archived