SASS Wire Forum

In honor of JOE BOWMEN, "Straight Shooter"...

Ghost, SASS #50125

During the Texas State Championship Match this past weekend, many asked the Ghost why he was wearing only one spur or "Did you lose a spur?" This afforded the Ghost to tell his story of JOE BOWMAN,Straight Shooter.

The Ghost attended many of Joe's shows at SASS events and was marveled by Joe's ability to draw and shoot 3 times, that SOUNDED like one! The Ghost has an autographed paper plate, with bullet holes, that Joe put there while Ghost was holding it!

During the first JOE BOWMAN show that Ghost saw at EoT in '06, Ghost ask Joe why he worn only one spur? Joe answered,"My Daddy told me that if I got one side of the horse moving, the other side would follow". :lol:

Joe Bowman pasted in his sleep, at 84, in 2009, on his way home from EoT. Ghost saw his last show, Joe looked tired, cut his show short, but still answered the Ghost's question, why one spur?

Ghost wears ONE SPUR in honor of JOE BOWMAN,Straight Shooter. :FlagAm:

R.I.P. Joe,

Ghost

I also have a paper plate with 6 holes in it that Joe put there at Mule Camp years ago. I wanted to hold the plate to watch his eyes to see how he aimed the guns. No aim, just looked at the plate and put 6 holes in it.

HH

I talked with Joe several times at the 'old' Mule Camp in Gainesville, GA. What a guy. He was a gentleman and showman that made the time you spent with him time well spent in watching. His is missed for his triggernometry...........

Joe was an origial. I always looked forward to his perfomences and enjoyed talking with him and Betty. He is missed for sure. I befriended Joe through a mutual friend and am glad I did. :FlagAm:

Archived