SASS Wire Forum

AWARDS....we tried something different.

Korupt Karl

We recently had a BP shoot and tried some new awards. For the first three places in each category we gave away specially designed coins and for first place an engraved "Cartridge screwdriver". In the past I had heard several shooters talk about they had plenty of wood, so I thought I would change it up. We also did the standard certificates. Anyone else getting away from wood?

Anyone wanting to see the coins, I can email you the artwork to maybe give you an idea for a future shoot if you are looking for something different. The company that made these is great to work with.....the coins were approx. $4 @. The screwdrivers were $6 and the engraving was $2.

Just something different. ... http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/dirtychris77/133_1689_crop.jpg I moved this from Dirty Chris's thread....thanks.

KK

Below is contact info. If you want a starting point....ask Lauren to see the "Jedi Gunfighter" pin or the "Indiana BP Guild" coin. Feel free to use my name "Karl Peterson".

lauren@montereycompany.com www.montereycompany.com

KK,

[83n8as;-mr03o=w-+, gmkw[pik;lmrf9p0bu

[pkau[

pkreq

[[k][==-0-fpok[m;b[pkmik[trpe[pkhh[ikhs]-0i=-0i8[prtkuui=[pkiyytr-\ui[pkjpui\-0=oihpojyh]is[pdkjf]pxoij[pskhbjjp]oxjkbpojkhxd[pihs\[pkj[pio

[pk[pid

\[]pjpojk

[o

]ou=-p\=0p0-]lkyjj][

and that's all I have to say about that :lol:

Wyatt

For our monthly match, we have been passing out paper certificates for years. It takes a while to print out 40-60 certificates. Folks got where they weren't hanging around and we ended up pitching half of them. I found a place on the internet that makes custom poker chips. I had our logo put on one side and 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place printed on the other side. Makes things go a lot faster and maybe we'll get more folks hanging around for the awards if it doesn't take an hour to get them done. With the artwork, shipping and everything, they cost 66 cents each.

Nothing wrong with changing things up every now and then.

Though I was far from contention it was neat to see the awards and the winners. The coins and other award gifts (the Gord is COOL - congrats to Cheyenne Culpepper) were first class.

Looking forward to next year...I'm hooked :D

Have some videos of some shooters that I will upload soon (sorry, they are only from rhe posse I was in)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Howdy,

We are doing something different for our annual, we are using mugs, a stein for first (printed with cat and place and a nice western picture) next small mug for second and a smaller for third, we will see how it goes, but we thought these we be used or taken to work or just put on a mantel. For our monthlies we hand out wooden nickels with club logo and category and also for clean matches.

KK

Though I was far from contention it was neat to see the awards and the winners. The coins and other award gifts (the Gord is COOL - congrats to Cheyenne Culpepper) were first class.

Looking forward to next year...I'm hooked :D

Have some videos of some shooters that I will upload soon (sorry, they are only from rhe posse I was in)

Gunner,

It was good shooting with you - I thought SURE you'd get something. Anybody has that much fun must be a cowboy shooter! C'mon back next year and we put you where you belong - in a class by itself :D

CR

For our monthly match, we have been passing out paper certificates for years. It takes a while to print out 40-60 certificates. Folks got where they weren't hanging around and we ended up pitching half of them. I found a place on the internet that makes custom poker chips. I had our logo put on one side and 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place printed on the other side. Makes things go a lot faster and maybe we'll get more folks hanging around for the awards if it doesn't take an hour to get them done. With the artwork, shipping and everything, they cost 66 cents each.

Nothing wrong with changing things up every now and then.

I'd love to hear more about the poker chips. Can you point me to a website or send me an email? Thanks.

BB

Here's a photo of my coin from the IBPG match. I think the coins are a great idea for category prizes, you guys did good at this match if you ask me.

I'd love to hear more about the poker chips. Can you point me to a website or send me an email? Thanks.

BB

http://www.pokerchiplounge.com/custom-gaming-products/custom-printed-poker-chips/custom-inlay-poker-chips.html

I used the Poker chip lounge. There are lots of these companies on the web. I sent them a couple of graphics and they designed the chip, front and back and emailed me back the proofs. I made a couple of changes and then approved the order. They were great to work with and I had the chips within 10 days. I went with the 11.5 gram Monte Carlo custom chips but they have lots of options. They seem to go over well and they save a whole lot of time printing certificates.

Heee Haaa Gunner.. I knowed ya was gona have fun..I also knowed that you just love being around all those serious Darksiders, :huh: Like P Dawg,KK,Duck of Death,Furball,Cowboy Ricky ,Shyanne Cowpecker,ta name afew..These cowboys are just fun ta shoot with.. :D I suppose ya notice that there wasn't much harrassin goin on.. :huh: and these cowboys take this pretty serious.. :P sadest part of the shoot is when ya say good by till next year.. <_<

Heeee Haaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

Gunner,

It was good shooting with you - I thought SURE you'd get something. Anybody has that much fun must be a cowboy shooter! C'mon back next year and we put you where you belong - in a class by itself :D

CR

Thanks very much pard! I hate to imagine what class that is.... :D

Seriously though - look forward to shootin' again with ya and the gang next year if not sooner.

http://www.pokerchiplounge.com/custom-gaming-products/custom-printed-poker-chips/custom-inlay-poker-chips.html

I used the Poker chip lounge. There are lots of these companies on the web. I sent them a couple of graphics and they designed the chip, front and back and emailed me back the proofs. I made a couple of changes and then approved the order. They were great to work with and I had the chips within 10 days. I went with the 11.5 gram Monte Carlo custom chips but they have lots of options. They seem to go over well and they save a whole lot of time printing certificates.

Badlands Bob did an excellent job with these. These are very nice and well received!

Great! Thanks! bb

I sure like the idea, and the screwdriver/cartridge thingee is usefull!

thanks

cheyenne

I think the coin was a great idea. I know it will bring back good memories when

I look at it. Had a real good time and got to meet some good fellow shooters.

My only question is was my coin a little bit bigger than Mingo's or is it just

my imagination? Whole lotta fun !!!!!!

I really like the poker chip or wooden nickel approach a lot. I've got a stack of paper certificates and nothing to do with them. With the others you can put them on your cart, which for me at least is kind of nice. Hopefully one day one of them will have 1st on it!

We recently had a BP shoot and tried some new awards. For the first three places in each category we gave away specially designed coins and for first place an engraved "Cartridge screwdriver". In the past I had heard several shooters talk about they had plenty of wood, so I thought I would change it up. We also did the standard certificates. Anyone else getting away from wood?

Anyone wanting to see the coins, I can email you the artwork to maybe give you an idea for a future shoot if you are looking for something different. The company that made these is great to work with.....the coins were approx. $4 @. The screwdrivers were $6 and the engraving was $2.

Just something different. ... http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/dirtychris77/133_1689_crop.jpg I moved this from Dirty Chris's thread....thanks.

KK

Below is contact info. If you want a starting point....ask Lauren to see the "Jedi Gunfighter" pin or the "Indiana BP Guild" coin. Feel free to use my name "Karl Peterson".

lauren@montereycompany.com www.montereycompany.com

Kewl awards!

One club in our area gives out the really nice coins for a clean shoot; wish more clubs tried different ideas once in awhile; different types of awards make it more interesting at the ceremonies.

Archived