SASS Wire Forum

Category Question

I have been researching the Handbook & can't find an answer. I have a Cowboy that is 31 years old. He does fit any other category. Since Wrangler is 36 years and older. What is from 16 to 35 age based.? Did I miss it somewhere?

Rev

I have been researching the Handbook & can't find an answer. I have a Cowboy that is 31 years old. He does fit any other category. Since Wrangler is 36 years and older. What is from 16 to 35 age based.? Did I miss it somewhere?

Rev

Rev,

as far as age base the Cowboys cat and he can shoot the non age based cats like b-western, classic Cowboy,Frontier Cartridge, Gunfighter and other classes that are not age based.

KK

Rev,

as far as age base the Cowboys cat and he can shoot the non age based cats like b-western, classic Cowboy,Frontier Cartridge, Gunfighter and other classes that are not age based.

KK

+1

Page 13 of the Shooters Handbook

Under "Age Based" categories.

Cowboy Category shooters are competitors of any age range.

In Age Based categories, That's it for your 31 year old.

However he's elgible in most all the specialty categories. (Duelist, Gunfighter, B Western, as well as the Blackpowder Categories).

RBK

Thanks Kid,

He does not fit any other criteria. Does not want to buy any other guns to get into one of the other categories . Cowboy is the only one that was talked about but said no age for it. He was told when he started up with us just awhile back just get into 49r's is what he said today. Well then the 49r's wanted to know who told him that & that someone needed to get a rope. Because he's kicking their butts. :lol:

Rev

I know page 13. I do all the research I can before I step out on the wire. :ph34r: I figured I just missed something.

Rev

He was told when he started up with us just awhile back just get into 49r's is what he said today. Well then the 49r's wanted to know who told him that & that someone needed to get a rope.

Rightly they should (need to get a rope), because he is not allowed in that category (49er) until he is at least 49 years old.

Good luck, GJ

Cowboy is correct for this shooter.

36 is when we start wearing corrective lens.

49 = bifocals

59 = a hitch to our giddyup

and so on. You get the idea.

I have noticed many shooters staying in the lower age classes even when they have 'matured'.

I have moved to FC and FC duelist. No age groups cause everyone is equally handicapped with the cloud of smoke.

Thanks Kid,

He does not fit any other criteria. Does not want to buy any other guns to get into one of the other categories . Cowboy is the only one that was talked about but said no age for it. He was told when he started up with us just awhile back just get into 49r's is what he said today. Well then the 49r's wanted to know who told him that & that someone needed to get a rope. Because he's kicking their butts. :lol:

Rev

Why would he have to buy new guns too shoot FC, Duelist, or Gunfighter?

Well, he don't want to shoot those 3. He doesn't want to do the Darkside.He shoots 2-handed. Doesn't want to change. He shoots 45's but doesn't want to use a shotgun with hammers on his shotgun. He dresses like classic Cowboy.He would shoot it but the shotgun change.I think he just likes to thump the older crowd.

Rev

Archived