SASS Wire Forum

Tell me about “Gunsmoke " the SASS Minnesota State Championship

Best match anywhere!!!

Good Food!!!

Good Fun side matches (gonna add a nite shoot black powder event this year too)

Good fast stages (Just ask Deuce Stevens)

Good memories

Please mark it on your calendar. We want to see everyone there that can make it...

Been there for quite a few "Gunsmoke's". First of all the club and the people that put the shoot on are all first class. The owner of the property takes and interest in it, he also owns the gun shop. Dry camping on the premises, all meals and banquet on premise. Excellent range and if you visit their web site you will see pics of the range and the stages, all with real nice loading and unloading bays and fronts. Free water and fruit put out daily. Lots of vendors. Targets are large and close, which of course make them easy to miss as you will try to go too fast. There are no bottle necks and all stages are easy to understand and set up for speed. They start on time and posses move free and easy. A real nice set up with plenty of time for sitting down for a meal and talking with old friends and making new ones. We are looking forward to going back this year. I have been to alot of major shoots, local, regional, EOT, and this is one of my favorites.

AR Stoner and Hannah shoot in Salisbury and went either last year or the year before (I believe he was visiting family??). He said that he had a great time.

Next to Winter Range this is the best match in the country for me. Value for the dollar for sure. It's like a golf course for cowboy shooting. I can't say enough good things about this match. You will not be dissapointed, it's a can't miss event for me.

Tenshot Tammy and I have gone up a couple of times and it is definately right up there at the top of best matches in the nation.

Drifter and his team do a fantastic job with target placement and avoiding anything that might even resemble a procedural trap. They pride themselves on the high percentage of "Clean Shooters" every year and the shooters LOVE it. It's definately a shooter's match.

They have great facilities and the barn is a great place for the banquet and awards.

You won't be sorry you went.

Cascade Charlie

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

;)

Sounds like I may have to attend this year!

I've got "Kin" over in Colfax, Wisconsin and up in Grand Rapids, Minnesota to see also!

Hey Bull..

Whilst there... just don't get in no knife-throwin'... "chicken"... contest with the J. Mark. Heard he can hit a "foot" dead-center... from ten paces.

ts

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Well I can hit a skinny loud mouth runt like you Tennessee Spud! Come on up to Nashville for the car show this weekend and I'll be pleased as punch to throw your narrow ass in the Cumberland River

Where'd you find that hat in yore avatar? Didn't know they made a size 23 1/4.

J. Mark... I don't need 'nother car. Hell... I'm runnin' outta concrete blocks to put 'em up on. Would like to have a Mustang like yores... but them anemic 4-cylinders ain't fast enuff for me.

ts

• 2 weeks later...

;)

Sounds like I may have to attend this year!

I've got "Kin" over in Colfax, Wisconsin and up in Grand Rapids, Minnesota to see also!

The WOWS range is less thsn 30 miles from Colfax. Stop by and see us when you pass through. :excl:

Archived