SASS Wire Forum

I miss Gomer Pyle

Trigger Mike

Funny show, I watched it all the time as a kid..Gomer wasn't really the one that made the show so hilarious however, it was Sgt. Carter!

Could that guy EVER make some faces..Both him and the guy that played the original Darrin on "Bewitched"! :lol:

Funny show, I watched it all the time as a kid..Gomer wasn't really the one that made the show so hilarious however, it was Sgt. Carter!

Could that guy EVER make some faces..Both him and the guy that played the original Darrin on "Bewitched"! :lol:

He sure was good. Pyle without him would not have been as funny. Saw him on Gunsmoke just tonight too.

I knew it was just a comedy. I watched Sands of Iwo Jima so I knew Marines couldn't be that dumb. ;) \

I joined the Army because they said I could jump out of airplanes.

Hmmm..........could be I was too dumb to join the Marines. :unsure::lol:

Yup, that was one of my favorites when I was a button. Haven't seen it in forever. Seems like one of those old shows you never see anymore. They really should have called "Sgt. Carter, USMC"!!!

JHC :lol:

I knew it was just a comedy. I watched Sands of Iwo Jima so I knew Marines couldn't be that dumb. ;) \

I wasn't going to say anything, but...well! :P

The show resulted in the really "slow" recruits or southeners being called Gomer Pyle in boot camp. The name became just another way of calling you an idiot. And Marines DO jump out of perfectably good airplanes! I did it 53 times in all.

Cherokee Slim

I never could understand why anyone would want to jump out a perfectly servicable aircraft. :unsure::lol:

I never could understand why anyone would want to jump out a perfectly servicable aircraft. :unsure::lol:

Because it is more fun than ANYTHING else in the world. One jump alone is better than shooting a clean CAS match.

The show resulted in the really "slow" recruits or southeners being called Gomer Pyle in boot camp. The name became just another way of calling you an idiot. And Marines DO jump out of perfectably good airplanes! I did it 53 times in all.

Cherokee Slim

Yeah but the Marines wouldn't guarantee me that I could jump out of 'em. ;)

We had 6 Recon Marines in my jump school class. They were always makin funny noises. :lol:

And the Andy Griffith show resulted in rural cops being called Barney. :rolleyes:

Archived