SASS Wire Forum

Stinker Movies

Not wanting the highjack Bob's great thread about the Duke, let's open the topic a bit further to other Hollywood icons and roles you know they must regret. Here's one of Sean Connery in a 1974 movie called "Zardoz". What was he thinking!?

Zardoz

Anyway, what else is out there that can be added to the list -- actors and actresses alike?

Not wanting the highjack Bob's great thread about the Duke, let's open the topic a bit further to other Hollywood icons and roles you know they must regret. Here's one of Sean Connery in a 1974 movie called "Zardoz". What was he thinking!?

Zardoz

Anyway, what else is out there that can be added to the list -- actors and actresses alike?

Zardoz is not merely a stinker movie. It goes way beyond that and belongs in a class by itself imho. :lol:

And speaking of Mr Connery, don't forget Shalako! :wacko:

Or Jack Elam in Hawken's Breed. As one reviewer put it, "This isn't just a turkey, it's turkeysaurus, mount turkeyest, the turkeyiana trench, turkey t-rex." It was also rated one of the three worst westerns of all time.

Here are a couple:

Clint Eastwood in The Beguiled. Weirded me out. :unsure:

Charles Bronson in Lola. This one was given to me as a gift based on the DVD cover showing a scene (most likely stolen from one of the death wish movies) of Bronson in full action pointing his pistol at someone. I can assure you that no such scene is anywhere in this movie :blink:

Highlander II. Hands down the one movie I utterly hate. Not only is it incredibly bad in its own right, it took an incredibly good movie, tore it to shreds, burned the shreds, jumped up and down on them, hosed them into the gutter, then... well, you get the idea.

Zardoz is not merely a stinker movie. It goes way beyond that and belongs in a class by itself imho. :lol:

And speaking of Mr Connery, don't forget Shalako! :wacko:

Never heard of Zardoz, but I've been trying to forget Shalako for years.

Dude, you need to rent it. It will blow your mind!

And not in a good way. :lol::wacko::lol:

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Zardoz

whoa dang! What exactly is that... a sumo outfit fer anorexics?

sssshhhheeessshhh.... man wears that out in public... best have him a fully-loaded bandeleer strapped to it.

ts

whoa dang! What exactly is that... a sumo outfit fer anorexics?

sssshhhheeessshhh.... man wears that out in public... best have him a fully-loaded bandeleer strapped to it.

ts

Dooooood. Zardoz has everything. Sean in a g-string, flying houses, nekkid chicks, a .45 Webley, horses.

Need I mention it was a product of the 70's? :lol:

Alien III.

Alien II was one of the few sequels that was worthy of the original. I hope Sigourney Weaver got loads of money for Alien III because it made the whole series suck.

I know, not cowboy, just sayin'...

Hey, I LIKE Zardoz! I'd be the first to admit it isn't for everyone. I can't even say why I like it, but I do. Maybe the ending. Beethoven playing while the Brutals kill everyone. Zed and Consuela aging and dieing. The natural order restored. Yeah, there's a lot of silly stuff in it,but taken as a whole, I love it. (Sure beats some recent POPULAR things, like Transformers! There's a cure for insomnia.)

I BELIEVE it was John Boormans follow up to Deliverance.

Remember "Mystery Science Theatre 2000"? The one where the guy and his two robots would watch bad movies and add dialog?

I remember a scene from Shalako in which several Indians run across his trail, and one says "Shalako!" I always thought it would have been really funny if he had added "He owes me money!" :lol:

Remember "Mystery Science Theatre 2000"? The one where the guy and his two robots would watch bad movies and add dialog?

I remember a scene from Shalako in which several Indians run across his trail, and one says "Shalako!" I always thought it would have been really funny if he had added "He owes me money!" :lol:

Mystery Science Theater was one of the best TV show ever. I have a bunch of 'em on DVD. :lol:

Mystery Science Theater was one of the best TV show ever. I have a bunch of 'em on DVD. :lol:

I LOVED that show! I'll have to look for the DVD's! :lol:

Joel, Tom Servo, Crow.... MST3K (for us real geeks) ruled! One of the few shows that could regularly have me laughing so hard my ribs hurt. I have a few episodes on DVD, wish I could get more!

MST3K!

Keep an eye on Woot.com. They sometimes have collections on sale. Just a couple of days ago, during a "Woot-off", one collection came up. It was 12 DVD's.

MS3TK on Woot

For those not familiar with Woot, typically they have one item a day but occasionally, they have a Woot-off during which they sell multiple items until it ends. You need to check regularly to see what is for sale. Some go almost instantly, some hang around for hours! I have bought many items from them (including MS3TK) over the past 3 years since they started.

Also available from Amazon and Buy.com (as well as others).

DocWard- I agree with you about Highlander 2. After seeing that piece of garbage, I commented to my wife that whoever wrote it must not have seen the original. I never watched a Highlander sequel after that.

I went to see it on opening night at the theater along with Mrs. Doc. It was worse than watching a train wreck. Twenty minutes into the movie and I wanted to leave, but just couldn't bring myself to. I ended up seeing the next sequel on video. It seems someone tried, but I will just say Mario Van Peebles is no Clancy Brown.

Archived