SASS Wire Forum

John Wayne cuckoo clock

stepnmud#33546

In the May Chronicle, is a full page ad for this JW clock and first thought thats got to be a joke, then kinda thought well heck it might be kinda of cool. Sound of galloping hoof beats at the top of every hour. B)

There is a tremendous amount of John Wayne junk made for "collectors". <_<

Soap Box Time:

First off, if someone was to give me one of these kitsch pieces, I'd accept it graciously and hang it in my reloading area... and likely enjoy it.

However, seeing that this "artist resin" (read plastic) thing with golly gee LED's and "decorative weights" (read phony) has been approved by John Wayne Enterprises, I'm thinking the Duke's lookin' down on us with alternate scowls and chuckles. This is the same John Wayne Enterprises (read lawyers and accountants, NOT his family) who forced the end of the John Wayne shoot... perhaps the most concentrated group of JW fans, supporters, and buyers of JW products anywhere.

That said, when they hit Ebay for twenty bucks I might pop for one.

But for now, I'll stick with my Billy Bass. ;)

For two hunnert bucks I wonder if they throw in a commemorative velvet painting of Elvis... :mellow:

It really makes you wonder where they find the people to buy this sort of stuff....

http://www.bradfordexchange.com/products/107235001_john-wayne-american-icon-collectible-cuckoo.html?cm_ven=CSE&cm_cat=Froogle&cm_pla=Direct&cm_ite=107235001&utm_source=CSE&utm_medium=Froogle&utm_campaign=Direct&utm_term=107235001

Here is your sign :wacko:

Yikes 37 different "Collectable JW items at this place!

http://www.bradfordexchange.com/category/8311_john-wayne.html

One man's trash is another man's treasure :D

GG ~ :FlagAm:

However in this case: One man's trash is another mans trash.

Oh hell no !!!

Got enuff cookoo's in dis house all ready !!! :wacko:

Archived