SASS Wire Forum

Banner Ads

Jack Houston # 35508

First, it sounds like you've got a bad case of tracking cookies. Suggest you update your antivirus/malware client.

Second, there was a discussion some weeks ago about how to block ads. IIRC, there are several methods; my favorite is to enter the source of the ads into the Restricted Sites tab of Tools, Internet Options, Security.

Targeted marketing is the new way. It's like having billboards along the highway that anticipate the needs of the passing motorists. I'd rather have somebody try and sell me something I'm already thinking about and looking at than have em bomb me with info about stuff I don't need or care about. Click on a thread about silver prices, yer gonna get ads for, duh, silver..... Pretty cool if ya ask me. Imagine what old Popiel coulda done with this? :)

Jack, I've got a special deal on tinfoil hats, if ya want one. Oh, and watch out for the black helicopters!:ph34r:

Already got one of T-Bone's Old Hats w/liner! And the last "Black Chopper" that came around here is just an old burnt out hulk now!! :rolleyes:

Whats it mean if I don't get any of these "banners"??? :unsure:

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

I don't get any banners either. I use Mozilla Firefox and no banners. I used internet Explorer once and the banners were there. Just sayin'

Big Jake

I don't get any banners either. I use Mozilla Firefox and no banners. I used internet Explorer once and the banners were there. Just sayin'

Big Jake

Whew!! for a minute there I thought I was on the "not important enough to need a tinfoil hat" list :lol::lol:

And I thought I was gonna have to run a sale on the extra cases of tinfoil in the basement. :)

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Archived