SASS Wire Forum

Need Family Owned Gun Shop with Action Range for Reality TV Show

Guest Anemeth

Guest Anemeth

Major production company casting a reality TV show and we are in need of a cool gun shop that has a range nearby... Or a range that also sells guns. :) Cowboy Action Range, family-owned, with character. Lots of fun! Does anyone know of something like this in Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, or surrounding states??

Thanks so much! All of this is totally foreign to me so any leads would be greatly appreciated!!

++11 For what Colt an Jack said. Slick's place would be p B) erfect, and a finer bunch of folks you'll ever meet!!

www.sherwinshootingsports.com

It's a 50' indoor range with 14 stalls. The steel backstop is enhanced by blocks of hard rubber. You can shoot up to a .308 cal. It's about 20 miles east of Cleveland,Ohio

Yeah...but...what they really want is a dysfunctional family/business that will give lots of TV drama. A well run shop with people who treat each other respectfully would be almost as interesting as paint drying...or the Super Bowl. :)

A friend of mine with a large farm (950 deeded acres, 2500 under lease) was solicited for one of these "reality" shows built around a large farm. He was quickly disqualified as there was not near enough family "drama" to satisfy the producers.

Remember that "reality TV" is now the ultimate oxymoron. ;)

SQQ

They need to find someplace else (or something different) to shoot their show, We as Cowboy shooters don't need to give the ANTI-GUN groups more ammo to use againist us or any other gun group. They may be the one's behind the whole thing just to show how we act and dress (like little kid with real gun) just to prove we are not mentally right to have guns.

They need to find someplace else (or something different) to shoot their show, We as Cowboy shooters don't need to give the ANTI-GUN groups more ammo to use againist us or any other gun group. They may be the one's behind the whole thing just to show how we act and dress (like little kid with real gun) just to prove we are not mentally right to have guns.

Peddler, Peddler, such cynicism. Wherever did that come from? :lol:

How you been man? Long time no see.

Major production company casting a reality TV show and we are in need of a cool gun shop that has a range nearby... Or a range that also sells guns. :) Cowboy Action Range, family-owned, with character. Lots of fun! Does anyone know of something like this in Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, or surrounding states??

Thanks so much! All of this is totally foreign to me so any leads would be greatly appreciated!!

Are you meaning the gun store and range are owned by the same family? If not, there's Larry's Pistol and Pawn in Huntsville, AL and the North Alabama Regulators in Grant, AL. They're not owned by the same folks (the range vs. the gun store), but they're two nice places. The club actually leases the property for use as a Cowboy Action range. If you need a gun store on the property with the range owned by the same family, the list will be short. There's Slick McClade's in Lousiana and....uh...uh...I'm sure there's another one somewhere. If I'm not mistaken there may be a gun store on the property where the Kentucky Regulators shoot. I could be mistaken, but Mose Spencer would know for certain.

Mustang Gregg has a gun store on a farm and is building a shooting range. I don't know how far along he is but you might try him. Also, his Guard unit is being activated some time this year.

Regards,

Cherokee Gambler

Be vary cautious about this request. Our local club tried to be helpful to a similar request and was embarased when the final film was antigun.

1 post. No introduction. No profile info.

We like to know who we're talking to.

Thats why I danced around the subject on the first post. Wasn't about to name names of anybody. Commonplace, sensical themes just don't sell on TV and if me wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. One of the outdoor channels would be OK but I'd really distrust anything else.

Ahlmans Gun Shop in Morristown, MN. They have a complete Cowboy Action Range right next door, where the Minnesota state championship is held.

Ned

Ned, Minnesota is a fer piece from Ky, Ala, Ga, or Tenn. :D

See "White Horse Ranch". Movies set old west town with shooting range and gunshop on site. Convenient to L.A. area. Use for lots of movie and TV filming. Contact "German Pete" :)

To tell ya the truth, while I might watch such a show, I don't know that I'd want to be around or involved in the filming of it. Today's recipe for "reality" TV interjects way too much drama and strife for my tastes.

Thanks for all the pushes of our range and gunshop. But if this is like the other "Reality" shooting show that's currently running on the history channel, I want "NO" part of it. To much Drama and editing for my taste, but it never hurts to see what its about as long as your careful and stick to your good morals. ;)

Slick

Now the Red Jacket show isn't too bad for drama, It might be something like that for cowboy shooting instead of custom weapons.

If you are still looking there is a family owned/operated gun store in LaFayette GA. Thats near the TN, AL, GA border. The can do a little shooting out back but and you dont have to drive too far for a shooting range. The name of the store is TailSpinners.

Archived