SASS Wire Forum

Winter Range Date Change

At the awards ceremony for Winter Range 2011 it was announced Winter Range 2012 would start a week early so as to coincide with the February 14, 2012, 100th Anniversary of Arizona’s Statehood. After discussions with State officials and the management of the Ben Avery Shooting Facility over Statehood events that will be taking place that week, it was decided to leave Winter Range in the following week. Statehood activities will be taking place throughout 2012. However, the peak activities will be taking place around the actual February 14 Statehood day. In order to avoid conflicts with other events, traffic, airline schedules, pressures on service providers for Winter Range, etc., Winter Range will take place from February 20 through February 26, 2012. This means the 2012 National Championship of Wild Bunch Action Shooting will start on Monday, February 20. This will allow the Wild Bunch shooters to shoot the Wild Bunch match and then have Wednesday to relax, shoot some side matches and a practice match, and get ready for the Cowboy Action match.

anyone know when the applications will be back up? trying to find out the cost now that the shoot falls on my break in school I can make it to my 1st. WR (as a shooter)

Rafe :FlagAm:

The application forms should be reformatted and printed by mid-June. If you are coming to EOT I should have some with me.

I strongly suggest you send the date change to every registered shooter from last year via email. Not everyone reads this forum and I, for one, had to change my hotel reservations.

Mike,

Thanks for the suggestion. We did that a day or two back and everyone that was here for the 2011 WR will be receiving notice in their mailbox very soon.

Come one come all to the greatest shoot in the world!!!

Dan

Wife and I both got letters from WR today telling us about the date change and rational for the change. Bottom line a lot of shooters would have been tied up in Az state celebrations on earlier date. I assume others got same.

Wife and I both got letters from WR today telling us about the date change and rational for the change. Bottom line a lot of shooters would have been tied up in Az state celebrations on earlier date. I assume others got same.

Yep, we mailed out over 800 notices. Thought a hard copy of the notice would be better than an email.

At the awards ceremony for Winter Range 2011 it was announced Winter Range 2012 would start a week early so as to coincide with the February 14, 2012, 100th Anniversary of Arizona’s Statehood. After discussions with State officials and the management of the Ben Avery Shooting Facility over Statehood events that will be taking place that week, it was decided to leave Winter Range in the following week. Statehood activities will be taking place throughout 2012. However, the peak activities will be taking place around the actual February 14 Statehood day. In order to avoid conflicts with other events, traffic, airline schedules, pressures on service providers for Winter Range, etc., Winter Range will take place from February 20 through February 26, 2012. This means the 2012 National Championship of Wild Bunch Action Shooting will start on Monday, February 20. This will allow the Wild Bunch shooters to shoot the Wild Bunch match and then have Wednesday to relax, shoot some side matches and a practice match, and get ready for the Cowboy Action match.

Howdy,

Where can a Vendor get some info and sign up?

Ricochet Roy

Vendor application packages are being corrected and printed and we will have some at EOT. You can also go here http://www.winterrange.com/ and call Dan Diamond or Weaver Gal and they will fix you right up.

Vendor application packages are being corrected and printed and we will have some at EOT. You can also go here http://www.winterrange.com/ and call Dan Diamond or Weaver Gal and they will fix you right up.

Thanks Pard.

Ricochet Roy

Larsen E. Pettifogger, Weaver Gal and Dan Diamond will be at EOT with shooter and vendor applications if anyone needs them, look us up. Also, the applications will be on-line shortly.

Come one, come all to the 21st anniversary of Winter Range in 2012.

Archived